Velocity Reviews

Velocity Reviews (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/index.php)
-   DVD Video (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f40-dvd-video.html)
-   -   Spoilers in Menu's on 24 Second Season (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t266134-spoilers-in-menus-on-24-second-season.html)

Rutgar 02-15-2004 04:54 PM

Spoilers in Menu's on 24 Second Season
 
I'm about two thirds of the way through the second season of "24".
I'm really getting ****ed that the morons who put the DVD together,
thought it was a good idea to show a picture that's a spoiler for the
associated episode.

- Rutgar

Cernovog 02-15-2004 11:14 PM

Re: Spoilers in Menu's on 24 Second Season
 
On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 11:54:41 -0500, Rutgar wrote
(in message <tt8v20lbueb4ov0eddv01qaurei8fdeau6@4ax.com>):

> I'm about two thirds of the way through the second season of "24".
> I'm really getting ****ed that the morons who put the DVD together,
> thought it was a good idea to show a picture that's a spoiler for the
> associated episode.


24 is absolutely horrible about that.

I looked away while I hit the play button and tried to ignore the picture.
There's one Nina/Jack episode in which the spoiler picture is *really* bad.
That's when I decided to try to avoid looking at the screen.


Rutgar 02-15-2004 11:45 PM

Re: Spoilers in Menu's on 24 Second Season
 
On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 18:14:35 -0500, Cernovog <cernovog@mail.com>
wrote:

>On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 11:54:41 -0500, Rutgar wrote
>(in message <tt8v20lbueb4ov0eddv01qaurei8fdeau6@4ax.com>):
>
>> I'm about two thirds of the way through the second season of "24".
>> I'm really getting ****ed that the morons who put the DVD together,
>> thought it was a good idea to show a picture that's a spoiler for the
>> associated episode.

>
>24 is absolutely horrible about that.
>
>I looked away while I hit the play button and tried to ignore the picture.
>There's one Nina/Jack episode in which the spoiler picture is *really* bad.
>That's when I decided to try to avoid looking at the screen.


Yeah, that was the first really bad one. After a couple of more, I
started doing like you, and was holding my hand up to block the right
side of the menu screen, until I selected "play".

- Rutgar

jayembee 02-16-2004 06:45 AM

Re: Spoilers in Menu's on 24 Second Season
 
Rutgar <rutgar@mindspring.com> wrote:

>>> I'm about two thirds of the way through the second season of "24".
>>> I'm really getting ****ed that the morons who put the DVD together,
>>> thought it was a good idea to show a picture that's a spoiler for the
>>> associated episode.

>>
>>24 is absolutely horrible about that.
>>
>>I looked away while I hit the play button and tried to ignore the picture.
>>There's one Nina/Jack episode in which the spoiler picture is *really* bad.
>>That's when I decided to try to avoid looking at the screen.

>
>Yeah, that was the first really bad one. After a couple of more, I
>started doing like you, and was holding my hand up to block the right
>side of the menu screen, until I selected "play".


How odd. Watching the DVDs was the first time I'd seen either of the
first two seasons of the series. I never noticed that there are any
spoilers on the menus.

-- jayembee

kronos 02-17-2004 04:09 AM

Re: Spoilers in Menu's on 24 Second Season
 

Season 1 was fine

But season 2 really sucks for spoilers in the episode screen.

I agree it is a must to not look at the screen when pressing enter.


From the main menu, select the time you want to watch, close you eyes.
press enterm wait for musid, press enter again, when you here the 24
music open your eyes.


YOU WILL BE ****ED IF YOU SEE SOME OF THE SHOTS IN THE MENUS, THEY
GIVE AWAY THE EPISODE ( SOME ARE THE LAST THING THAT HAPPENS IN THAT
SHOW.




On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 06:45:30 GMT, jayembee
<jayembeenospam@snurcher.com> wrote:

>Rutgar <rutgar@mindspring.com> wrote:
>
>>>> I'm about two thirds of the way through the second season of "24".
>>>> I'm really getting ****ed that the morons who put the DVD together,
>>>> thought it was a good idea to show a picture that's a spoiler for the
>>>> associated episode.
>>>
>>>24 is absolutely horrible about that.
>>>
>>>I looked away while I hit the play button and tried to ignore the picture.
>>>There's one Nina/Jack episode in which the spoiler picture is *really* bad.
>>>That's when I decided to try to avoid looking at the screen.

>>
>>Yeah, that was the first really bad one. After a couple of more, I
>>started doing like you, and was holding my hand up to block the right
>>side of the menu screen, until I selected "play".

>
>How odd. Watching the DVDs was the first time I'd seen either of the
>first two seasons of the series. I never noticed that there are any
>spoilers on the menus.
>
>-- jayembee




All times are GMT. The time now is 11:34 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®. Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.