Velocity Reviews

-   -   Best place to buy DVD's online? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t265727-best-place-to-buy-dvds-online.html)

DVDfanatico 01-27-2004 07:57 AM

Best place to buy DVD's online?

What is the best place to buy DVD's online? Your opinions please.

-DVDfanaticio

Ray 01-27-2004 01:02 PM

Re: Best place to buy DVD's online?

I have been using these guys for well over a year now. The best around in my
opinion.

http://www.dvdempire.com/

Just a note though they offer a free shipping option on some of their
DVD's. if you opt for this one the order will ship via USPS media mail the
slowest shipping I have ever seen. Nothing to do with DVD Empire just the
fact that it is not USPS 1st class seems like it takes forever to get your
order. Priority shipping via USPS you will have it in a couple of days.

Evil 01-27-2004 02:38 PM

dvdfanatico@aol.com (DVDfanatico) wrote in message news:<20040127025759.21982.00000457@mb-m22.aol.com>...
> What is the best place to buy DVD's online? Your opinions please.
>
> -DVDfanaticio

I used to think DVDPacific for prices and customer service, but
recently, i've had to return a defective dvd. It's been 1 1/2 months
now and i still haven't gotten a replacement and their email repsonses
are basically "Well, we mailed it. Wait another week and see if it
shows up then..."

Maureen Goldman 01-27-2004 07:56 PM

Re: Best place to buy DVD's online?

>dvdfanatico@aol.com (DVDfanatico) wrote:

>What is the best place to buy DVD's online? Your opinions please.

www.dvdsoon.com of Montreal. Very good prices and currently free
worldwide shipping with five titles or more (you should make sure
whether the order has to be complete for your country when shipped,
though). You do have to pay when the order is placed, however. I've
placed many orders with them over the past couple of years, no
problems. There's a coupon area.

Example of prices: At the moment Titanic and Grease are CAD$10, the
Jurassic Park films $11 and $13, Total Recall $12, Peggy Sue Got
Married $10. I'd categorize new titles in the low okay range
(PiratesOTC CAD$23). For Canadians, there is one tax unless you live
in Quebec.

Lakerfanallan 01-30-2004 03:31 PM

Re: Best place to buy DVD's online?

I use this for dvd online shopping