Velocity Reviews

-   -   I's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World new DVD? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t265365-is-a-mad-mad-mad-mad-mad-world-new-dvd.html)

Michael Rogers 01-10-2004 10:44 PM

I's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World new DVD?

A few monthes ago I heard Mad World was being re-released on DVD. It
never became clear if this was just a reissue or a new version. Anyone
know the story.

Also, I heard rumblings that Robert Harris is now trying to restore Mad
World. Anyone have any info on that?

Mike

Scot Gardner 01-10-2004 11:12 PM

Re: I's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World new DVD?

"Michael Rogers" <miker@rochester.rr.com> wrote in message
> A few monthes ago I heard Mad World was being re-released on DVD. It
> never became clear if this was just a reissue or a new version. Anyone
> know the story.
>
> Also, I heard rumblings that Robert Harris is now trying to restore
> Mad World. Anyone have any info on that?
>
> Mike

Rotted film and studio politics and discarded footage -- oh my!

Read it and weep:

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/madworld/mad.html

Scot Gardner 01-10-2004 11:45 PM

Re: I's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World new DVD?

"Michael Rogers" <miker@rochester.rr.com> wrote in message
> A few monthes ago I heard Mad World was being re-released on DVD. It
> never became clear if this was just a reissue or a new version. Anyone
> know the story.
>
> Also, I heard rumblings that Robert Harris is now trying to restore
> Mad World. Anyone have any info on that?
>
> Mike

The re-release appears to be exactly the same as the original release,
with a $5 price reduction:

It's A Mad Mad Mad Mad World (Special Edition) MGM/UA
Discontinued 5.1 LBX, 16:9 $19.98 G 1963 Comedy 2.55:1
027616865915 9/18/01 12047

It's A Mad Mad Mad Mad World (Special Edition/ Re-Issue) MGM/UA
Out 5.1 LBX, 16:9 $14.95 G 1963 Comedy 2.55:1
027616902740 10/14/03 33362

(From Home Theater Info "Alllist" spreadsheet.)

http://www.hometheaterinfo.com/

Hitman of Las Vegas 01-11-2004 03:23 AM

Re: I's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World new DVD?

On Sat, 10 Jan 2004 22:44:43 GMT, Michael Rogers
<miker@rochester.rr.com> wrote:

>Also, I heard rumblings that Robert Harris is now trying to restore Mad
>World. Anyone have any info on that?

I was at a screeing of the film very early last year in Hollywood with
some a Q&A session with some stars, crew, and Kramer's widow. She
teased the audience that there was a lot of work going on regarding
restoring IAMMMMW to its 5 hour running time, and she was hopeful that
a 4 hour cut of the film would be screened in LA sometime in 2004.

Keeping my fingers crossed.