Velocity Reviews

-   -   DVD-Ram Playback (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t265313-dvd-ram-playback.html)

John Massachusetts Pigye 01-08-2004 05:13 PM

DVD-Ram Playback

are there any DVD-ROM drives that are capable of playing back DVD-RAM with software?

Colon Terminus 01-08-2004 08:07 PM

Re: DVD-Ram Playback

Hmm, just how would you insert the DVD-RAM cartridge into your DVD-ROM
drive?

Darrel Christenson 01-08-2004 08:13 PM

Re: DVD-Ram Playback

Colon Terminus wrote:

> Hmm, just how would you insert the DVD-RAM cartridge into your DVD-ROM
> drive?

I'm sure he's talking about the cartridgeless version.

drc :)

Richard C. 01-08-2004 09:14 PM

Re: DVD-Ram Playback

Not all DVD-Ram discs have a "cartridge.
None of mine do.
=======================

"Colon Terminus" <Colon_Terminus@hotmail.com> wrote in message
:
: Hmm, just how would you insert the DVD-RAM cartridge into your DVD-ROM
: drive?
:
: "John Massachusetts Pigye" <jesusjmppers@netzero.net> wrote in message
: news:200401081713.MAA18491@orion.besthost1.com...
: > are there any DVD-ROM drives that are capable of playing back DVD-RAM with
: software?
: >
:
:

Nic 01-08-2004 10:25 PM

Re: DVD-Ram Playback

There are model from Panasonic, LG and Toshiba that do them.

Also, Panasonic ones take both cartridge and non cartridge RAM. I use a LG
4040B writer that reads and writes to non cartridge RAM

---

Colon Terminus 01-09-2004 06:01 AM

Re: DVD-Ram Playback

Well, thanks to this group, I've been educated. I've not paid any attention
whatsoever to DVD-RAM since the format was announced by the DVD folks. At
that time the cartridge was part of the specification. Obviously that has
changed in the interval since then.

Thank you.

news:3ffdc82b$0$89905$9a6e19ea@news.newshosting.co m...

eric ng 01-09-2004 08:57 AM

Re: DVD-Ram Playback

You can take out the disk from the cartridge by open the end of the
cartridge, if your file is video file,
you need software to play it, for data files no special software required as
Windows treats the RAM disk
just like a removable hard drive.

mazinz 01-09-2004 12:39 PM

Re: DVD-Ram Playback

actually you do not need 'special" software to play ram disc. Powerdvd xp 4
(which is very common with many pcs) reads the ram disc just fine.

Trevor S 01-10-2004 01:26 AM

Re: DVD-Ram Playback

John Massachusetts Pigye <jesusjmppers@netzero.net> wrote in

> are there any DVD-ROM drives that are capable of playing back DVD-RAM
> with software?

I use PowerDVD 4, both my DVD-ROM and my burner handle -RAM no problems.

--
Trevor S

-Albert Einstein