Velocity Reviews

-   -   Converting Video to DVD? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t265211-converting-video-to-dvd.html)

Ben Blackmore 01-04-2004 02:10 PM

Converting Video to DVD?

Hi,

I want to convert some old home videos to dvd, and I'm not to sure how. As
they are mostly still on the little camcorder tapes, I guess I need to
connect the camcoder to a graphics card with TV in. Trouble is, although I
know a bit about graphics cards, I don't know much about video cards with TV
out! What am I looking for? What do I need to be able to transfer my videos
to DVD?

Best regards

Ben

Chas. Jones 01-04-2004 02:18 PM

Re: Converting Video to DVD?

Fist thing. What standard are your Cam tapes, Hi8, Div, etc.
We also need to know what output your camera has. Make and model number?

Does it have analogue output (in what format Pal or Ntsc as a matter of
interest) via Composite, Svid or USB for instance.

Colon Terminus 01-04-2004 04:27 PM

Re: Converting Video to DVD?

"Ben Blackmore" <ben.blackmore@nospam.ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I want to convert some old home videos to dvd, and I'm not to sure how. As
> they are mostly still on the little camcorder tapes, I guess I need to
> connect the camcoder to a graphics card with TV in. Trouble is, although I
> know a bit about graphics cards, I don't know much about video cards with

TV
> out! What am I looking for? What do I need to be able to transfer my

videos
> to DVD?
>
> Best regards
>
> Ben

Hi Ben,

This is what you need:
http://www.pinnaclesys.com/ProductPa...26&Langue_ID=7

Grady 01-04-2004 06:33 PM

Re: Converting Video to DVD?

"Colon Terminus" <Colon_Terminus@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "Ben Blackmore" <ben.blackmore@nospam.ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I want to convert some old home videos to dvd, and I'm not to sure how.

As
> > they are mostly still on the little camcorder tapes, I guess I need to
> > connect the camcoder to a graphics card with TV in. Trouble is, although

> > know a bit about graphics cards, I don't know much about video cards

with
> TV
> > out! What am I looking for? What do I need to be able to transfer my

> videos
> > to DVD?
> >
> > Best regards
> >
> > Ben
> >

> Hi Ben,
>
> This is what you need:
> http://www.pinnaclesys.com/ProductPa...26&Langue_ID=7

What file format is used on DVD's? I followed your link and saw how
Dazzel's capable of saving files as AVI, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, RealVideo, or
Windows Media Format.
Thanks

Nonymous 01-04-2004 07:12 PM

Re: Converting Video to DVD?

Try http://www.doom9.org/. It has all the info you'd need to know.

DarkMatter 01-04-2004 07:29 PM

Re: Converting Video to DVD?

On Sun, 4 Jan 2004 14:10:26 -0000, "Ben Blackmore"
<ben.blackmore@nospam.ntlworld.com> Gave us:

>Hi,
>
>I want to convert some old home videos to dvd, and I'm not to sure how. As
>they are mostly still on the little camcorder tapes, I guess I need to
>connect the camcoder to a graphics card with TV in. Trouble is, although I
>know a bit about graphics cards, I don't know much about video cards with TV
>out! What am I looking for? What do I need to be able to transfer my videos
>to DVD?

Wrong group. No regards.

Ben Blackmore 01-05-2004 10:06 PM

Re: Converting Video to DVD?

I'll check, I'm not too sure as I'm looking this up for my mother! She is
trying to convert a load of old video's of our family to DVD before the
tapes degrade! It'll be Pal I think as we're in the UK, and its a sony
camcorder, about 10-15 years old. I'll double check on all the info.

Cheers for the help

Ben

Ben Blackmore 01-05-2004 10:10 PM

Re: Converting Video to DVD?

That looks cool! Just what I'm looking for!
Thanks for the info
Ben

Ben Blackmore 01-05-2004 10:11 PM

Re: Converting Video to DVD?

> Wrong group. No regards.

Maybe for you, everyone else seems quite helpful though!

Justin 01-05-2004 10:12 PM

Re: Converting Video to DVD?

Ben Blackmore wrote on [Mon, 5 Jan 2004 22:11:35 -0000]:
>> Wrong group. No regards.

> Maybe for you, everyone else seems quite helpful though!

So, howcome you top posted your other replies?