Velocity Reviews

-   -   Opinion on Facet Video's Video Stabiliser (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t265203-opinion-on-facet-videos-video-stabiliser.html)

Stuart Friedman 01-04-2004 02:37 AM

Opinion on Facet Video's Video Stabiliser

I've got a standalone DVD Recorder on my video system and am in the process
of transferring my old VHS tapes over to DVD format. I'm thinking about
facetvideo's Video stabiliser to copy the Macrovision protected tapes. Any
opinions on this unit? Thanks.

yudu2 01-04-2004 05:15 AM

Re: Opinion on Facet Video's Video Stabiliser

> I've got a standalone DVD Recorder on my video system and am in the process
> of transferring my old VHS tapes over to DVD format.

Be prepared for the result to be worse quality than the VHS tapes.

> I'm thinking about
> facetvideo's Video stabiliser to copy the Macrovision protected tapes. Any
> opinions on this unit?

Why would you want to copy a good quality VHS movie to a consumer compressed
DVD recorder in the first place? The quality will suck big time.

Better off viewing the VHS directly.

Phil G. - London U.K. 01-23-2004 01:43 AM

yudu2 <yudu2@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<3FF7A1A1.9D21745D@hotmail.com>...
> > I've got a standalone DVD Recorder on my video system and am in the process
> > of transferring my old VHS tapes over to DVD format.

> Be prepared for the result to be worse quality than the VHS tapes.
>
> > I'm thinking about
> > facetvideo's Video stabiliser to copy the Macrovision protected tapes. Any
> > opinions on this unit?

> Why would you want to copy a good quality VHS movie to a consumer compressed
> DVD recorder in the first place? The quality will suck big time.
>
> Better off viewing the VHS directly.

Don't listen to this idiot that replied above.
The quality is superb!
I purchased a facet video clarifier 2 months ago
and have transferred many a videotape to my Panasonic DVD
recorder with excellent results!
Well worth the 100 bucks.
It strips the copyguard completely off!
If you are a fan of Close Caption for the Hearing Impaired,
well, it strips that to.
But that is a minor sacrifice compared to the many benefits!
Only thing bad I have noticed about the Facet Video Clarifier
is when doing tape to tape dubbing the quality suffers in the color areas.
However the tape to DVD is great!
Hope this helps,
KB

Jerry1825 09-15-2006 11:48 PM

Facet Clarifier

I have found that the Facet Clarifier works well with VHS copies to DVD. However, as noted by another, the Closed Caption is stripped off. The use of a Digital Video Stabilizer: RXII will work just as well using VHS as the source and it won't strip off the Closed Captioning.

mikek 10-29-2008 01:23 PM

The GREX looks like a toy...I wonder what country that thing comes from? No contact phone number or address... what are they trying to hide? If you have to send it back for a refund does it take less than 60days?

mikek 10-30-2008 01:34 PM

Israel … that explains why they don’t have a contact number. I wouldn’t buy anything from over there. Don’t forget if it wasn’t for the United States Israel wouldn’t exist, that county is NOT known for its technology. Thanks for the heads-up. I will try a unit from the U.S….Thanks

mikek 10-30-2008 06:10 PM

Ella: Now your ignorance is showing…also your motive on these threads is quite obvious. Again, thanks for the heads-up. P.S. If you like to travel try Beijing and Shanghai.

mtvs12 10-31-2008 09:41 AM

As a real Grex fan I stand for ella.
And as a proud christian I stand for Israel and peace.