Velocity Reviews

-   -   Copy/Paste from Websites Loaded with Firefox (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t26485-copy-paste-from-websites-loaded-with-firefox.html)

partytildawn 12-23-2005 08:16 PM

Copy/Paste from Websites Loaded with Firefox

Since the last update from Firefox, we've had problems copy/paste text
from websites. We highlight the text to copy, but Firefox will not
display the copy menu and the keyboard short cut doesn't work for it.
We noticed it almost immediately. Anyone else having this issue?

gwtc 12-23-2005 08:29 PM

Re: Copy/Paste from Websites Loaded with Firefox

partytildawn wrote:

> Since the last update from Firefox, we've had problems copy/paste text
> from websites. We highlight the text to copy, but Firefox will not
> display the copy menu and the keyboard short cut doesn't work for it.
> We noticed it almost immediately. Anyone else having this issue?

No. Maybe its the website disabling that option. Post a link so
someone can check it out.

Larry Spitz 12-23-2005 08:48 PM

partytildawn wrote:
> Since the last update from Firefox, we've had problems copy/paste text
> from websites. We highlight the text to copy, but Firefox will not
> display the copy menu and the keyboard short cut doesn't work for it.
> We noticed it almost immediately. Anyone else having this issue?

I am having a problem that is somewhat similar. I can copy/paste once
from a web page, but after that no more. And for me the menu displays
"copy", but pasting what is supposedly copied produces nothing.

partytildawn 12-25-2005 08:17 PM

Re: Copy/Paste from Websites Loaded with Firefox

It is happening to me with multiple sites from google to cnn. If I
click back and forth between that screen and other screens it
eventually lets me do it, but since the last update, it is a pain in
the butt to get cut/copy to work with firefox.

xModem 12-27-2005 06:05 PM

On 23 Dec 2005 12:16:29 -0800, "partytildawn" <partytildawn@gmail.com> wrote:

>Since the last update from Firefox, we've had problems copy/paste text
>from websites. We highlight the text to copy, but Firefox will not
>display the copy menu and the keyboard short cut doesn't work for it.
>We noticed it almost immediately. Anyone else having this issue?

I've had the same problem with several versions of FF. It seems to be an
intermittent problem. Some times it works, sometimes not.