Velocity Reviews

-   -   Criterion: Jacques Tati returns (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t264826-criterion-jacques-tati-returns.html)

Scot Gardner 12-17-2003 03:35 PM

Criterion: Jacques Tati returns

_Mon Oncle_ and _M. Hulot's Holiday_ Back In Print for 2004

"At long last Criterion has succeeded in renewing its rights to Jacques
Tati's classic films Mon Oncle, M. Hulot's Holiday, Jour de Fête and
Playtime. The original Criterion editions of Mon Oncle and M. Hulot's
Holiday will be back in print starting in January of 2004. These DVDs
will be identical to Criterion's original releases in every way. Watch
this space for further news about Playtime and Jour de Fête."

http://www.criterionco.com/asp/

Steve(JazzHunter) 12-17-2003 06:24 PM

Re: Criterion: Jacques Tati returns

On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 07:35:36 -0800, "Scot Gardner"
<Spamus@labamus.com> wrote:

>_Mon Oncle_ and _M. Hulot's Holiday_ Back In Print for 2004
>
>"At long last Criterion has succeeded in renewing its rights to Jacques
>Tati's classic films Mon Oncle, M. Hulot's Holiday, Jour de Fête and
>Playtime. The original Criterion editions of Mon Oncle and M. Hulot's
>Holiday will be back in print starting in January of 2004. These DVDs
>will be identical to Criterion's original releases in every way. Watch
>this space for further news about Playtime and Jour de Fête."
>
>http://www.criterionco.com/asp/

Thank goodness all my Tati DVD's are from the original release window,
and I didn't have to pay what they were going for on Ebay. <g>

My "Playtime" is the first release with the faulty aspect ratio switch
for the short subject, so I'd get the new release for that, and "Jour
De Fete" I'm betting will contain both the original "colour framed"
Black and White theatrical release and the new colour version, so I'm
looking forward to that one!

. Steve .

Tim Pace 12-17-2003 07:54 PM

Re: Criterion: Jacques Tati returns

Great I have been waiting to see more of Tati since I saw Mr Hulots Holiday
I love it especially the tennis scene. It makes me cry with laughter.

--
Tim Pace
Accept that some days you are the pigeon and some days the statue.

JohnW248 12-17-2003 08:11 PM

Re: Criterion: Jacques Tati returns

In article <20031217103334.868$CC@news.newsreader.com>, "Scot Gardner"
<Spamus@labamus.com> writes:

>Watch
>this space for further news about Playtime and Jour de Fête."

Any idea what the time frame is for the release of Playtime?

John

J. Alfred Prufrock 12-18-2003 05:41 AM

Re: Criterion: Jacques Tati returns

Any word on Tati's last 'Hulot' film - "Trafic" (Traffic) (1971)??

This would complete all his 'Hulot' films