Velocity Reviews

-   -   Warning: HKFLIX (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t264467-warning-hkflix.html)

Mobutu 11-30-2003 01:30 AM

Warning: HKFLIX

Has anyone recieved an order from these people recently? I
ordered something from them a month ago and have heard
nothing from them. Luckily they have not charged me yet.

I would advise no-one to use this incompetent online
store. Their attitude is clearly visible in their order
confirmation email:

"Please DO NOT contact us to request the status of
your order unless you urgently need to change something.
This will only delay
your order from shipping. "

What kind of store demands that it's customers don't
contact them?

Wade365 11-30-2003 02:02 AM

Re: Warning: HKFLIX

I have had wonderful service from HiviZone.com when ordering HK DVDs... try
them.

trancer 11-30-2003 03:02 AM

Re: Warning: HKFLIX

> What kind of store demands that it's customers don't
> contact them?

I ordered from HKFLIX in the past, it took them close to 2 weeks to ship
something supposably 'in-stock' according to their website.

I think its good that they say 'dont contact us', because bensonsworld only
contact you 3-4 days after you email them with replies like "Even though you
emailed us close to a week ago requesting a cancellation, we just shipped it
30 minutes ago to **** you off"

Mobutu 11-30-2003 03:25 AM

Re: Warning: HKFLIX

Wade365 wrote:

> I have had wonderful service from HiviZone.com when ordering HK DVDs... try
> them.

I know about them, and www.dddhouse.com is also good. HKflix was the only place
that had the dvd I was looking for in this instance.

Me 11-30-2003 03:39 AM

Re: Warning: HKFLIX

I had a similar experience with Bensons. Never again.

Shaun 11-30-2003 07:12 AM

Re: Warning: HKFLIX

heh, i had an order at dvdboxoffice and was on back order for around 10
months, i emailed them to cancel and wow... i get an email an hour or so
after sending the email to say its been shipped :/

news:3fc9666b$0$1728$5a62ac22@freenews.iinet.net.a u...

marcel 11-30-2003 07:51 AM

Re: Warning: HKFLIX

"Shaun" <shaun@N0SP4MPLZalien-aus.com> wrote in message
> heh, i had an order at dvdboxoffice and was on back order for around 10
> months, i emailed them to cancel and wow... i get an email an hour or so
> after sending the email to say its been shipped :/
>
> "Me" <r@r.com> wrote in message
> news:3fc9666b$0$1728$5a62ac22@freenews.iinet.net.a u...
> > I had a similar experience with Bensons. Never again.
> >

> > "trancer" <trash@spamcan.com> wrote in message
> > >
> > > I ordered from HKFLIX in the past, it took them close to 2 weeks to

ship
> > > something supposably 'in-stock' according to their website.
> > >
> > > I think its good that they say 'dont contact us', because bensonsworld

> > only
> > > contact you 3-4 days after you email them with replies like "Even

though
> > you
> > > emailed us close to a week ago requesting a cancellation, we just

> shipped
> > it
> > > 30 minutes ago to **** you off"

I'm still waiting on an order placed with HKFlix a few weeks ago, but I've
emailed them and at least had a response saying they are waiting on stock
and stating a timescale for the delivery. Whether the stock turns up is
another matter....

Good luck!

Marcel

Kevin Hendrikssen 11-30-2003 09:07 AM

Re: Warning: HKFLIX

"marcel" <marcel@nospam.eidosnet.co.uk> wrote in message
news:3fc9a047$0$7010$cc9e4d1f@news.dial.pipex.com. ..

> I'm still waiting on an order placed with HKFlix a few weeks ago, but I've
> emailed them and at least had a response saying they are waiting on stock
> and stating a timescale for the delivery. Whether the stock turns up is
> another matter....

Ha, I think I might 'cancel' my 9 October order with them to see if that
speeds them up.

Wade365 11-30-2003 07:17 PM

Re: Warning: HKFLIX

<< I know about them, and www.dddhouse.com is also good. HKflix was the only
place
that had the dvd I was looking for in this instance. >>

What movie, just out of curiosity? I was looking for "Uzumaki" a few weeks ago
and it suddenly just turned up on HiviZone like they had been reading my mind.

Just curious.

Mobutu 12-01-2003 05:40 AM

Re: Warning: HKFLIX

Wade365 wrote:

> << I know about them, and www.dddhouse.com is also good. HKflix was the only
> place
> that had the dvd I was looking for in this instance. >>
>
> What movie, just out of curiosity? I was looking for "Uzumaki" a few weeks ago
> and it suddenly just turned up on HiviZone like they had been reading my mind.
>
> Just curious.

I was looking for a Taiwanese movie called Yi Yi, on the Korean R3 disc. There is
a HK R3 of this movie, but it must be terrible (a three hour movie on the single
layer dvd).

There are Korean stores but I can't use the sites because of the language.