Velocity Reviews

-   -   Kill Bill v. 1 2/3/04? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t264241-kill-bill-v-1-2-3-04-a.html)

jpeabody 11-18-2003 05:03 PM

Kill Bill v. 1 2/3/04?

Whilst poking around the web I found that Amazon Canada lists the
release date for Kill Bill Volume 1 on DVD as 2/3/04. Can this be
confirmed as a US release date also? Any content details/rumors?

http://www.amazon.ca/exec/obidos/ASI...917746-2180314

Justin 11-18-2003 05:16 PM

Re: Kill Bill v. 1 2/3/04?

jpeabody wrote on [18 Nov 2003 09:03:53 -0800]:
> Whilst poking around the web I found that Amazon Canada lists the
> release date for Kill Bill Volume 1 on DVD as 2/3/04. Can this be
> confirmed as a US release date also? Any content details/rumors?
>
> http://www.amazon.ca/exec/obidos/ASI...917746-2180314

Hmmm, interesting number lineup

DVDFile does list that as the US release date

Doug MacLean 11-18-2003 05:58 PM

Re: Kill Bill v. 1 2/3/04?

"jpeabody" <jpeabody@bnserve.com> wrote in message
news:1fa4921a.0311180903.81d1c13@posting.google.co m...
> Whilst poking around the web I found that Amazon Canada lists the
> release date for Kill Bill Volume 1 on DVD as 2/3/04. Can this be
> confirmed as a US release date also? Any content details/rumors?

http://www.amazon.ca/exec/obidos/ASI...917746-2180314

I did receive an initial announcement from Disney that the DVD will be
released on 2/4/04. Not much in the way of details yet but typically a
follow up with extras and other details should come in soon.

--

Doug MacLean
Home Theater Info

David Beamish 11-19-2003 04:44 PM

Re: Kill Bill v. 1 2/3/04?

Just turn the chair, and grow jpeabody hair

> Whilst poking around the web I found that Amazon Canada lists the
> release date for Kill Bill Volume 1 on DVD as 2/3/04. Can this be
> confirmed as a US release date also? Any content details/rumors?
>
> http://www.amazon.ca/exec/obidos/ASI...20/701-3917746
> -2180314

http://tinyurl.com/voun

3rd feb apparently.. bit weird since its a tuesday i think..

Justin 11-19-2003 05:05 PM

Re: Kill Bill v. 1 2/3/04?

David Beamish wrote on [19 Nov 2003 16:44:21 GMT]:
> Just turn the chair, and grow jpeabody hair
>
>> Whilst poking around the web I found that Amazon Canada lists the
>> release date for Kill Bill Volume 1 on DVD as 2/3/04. Can this be
>> confirmed as a US release date also? Any content details/rumors?
>>
>> http://www.amazon.ca/exec/obidos/ASI...20/701-3917746
>> -2180314

> http://tinyurl.com/voun
>
> 3rd feb apparently.. bit weird since its a tuesday i think..

Well, since most DVDs come out on a Tuesday......

Jordan Lund 11-19-2003 06:24 PM

Re: Kill Bill v. 1 2/3/04?

jpeabody@bnserve.com (jpeabody) wrote in message news:<1fa4921a.0311180903.81d1c13@posting.google.c om>...
> Whilst poking around the web I found that Amazon Canada lists the
> release date for Kill Bill Volume 1 on DVD as 2/3/04. Can this be
> confirmed as a US release date also? Any content details/rumors?
>
> http://www.amazon.ca/exec/obidos/ASI...917746-2180314

That would be interesting, isn't that just before Vol. 2 hits
theaters?

I'm amused also that we'd have Kill Bill, Vol. 1 2/3/04 with music by
the 5, 6, 7, 8's. ;^)

- Jordan

David Beamish 11-20-2003 11:32 AM

Re: Kill Bill v. 1 2/3/04?

Just turn the chair, and grow Justin hair

> Well, since most DVDs come out on a Tuesday......

do they?
not in the uk.. just seems weird to release a new product mid week.

Justin 11-20-2003 02:43 PM

Re: Kill Bill v. 1 2/3/04?

David Beamish wrote on [20 Nov 2003 11:32:26 GMT]:
> Just turn the chair, and grow Justin hair
>

>> Well, since most DVDs come out on a Tuesday......
>>

> do they?
> not in the uk.. just seems weird to release a new product mid week.

In the US, and I believe Canada, yes they certainly do. DVDs and CDs
both come out on Tuesdays.

jpeabody 11-20-2003 07:45 PM

Re: Kill Bill v. 1 2/3/04?

> That would be interesting, isn't that just before Vol. 2 hits
> theaters?
>
> I'm amused also that we'd have Kill Bill, Vol. 1 2/3/04 with music by
> the 5, 6, 7, 8's. ;^)

I knew there was a joke there somewhere :)

Matrix Reloaded came out on disc 2-3 weeks before Revolutions, so I
guess that's going to be the pattern if these short-cycle films
continue to come out. Personally, I think Matrix would've been better
off being released as originally planned 4-6 weeks apart, not 6
months. Why release a big action movie in November? People would've
been much more likely to go if they could see both films in one day at
the same theater, and they'd get more kids. Same with Kill Bill. I
was apprehensive about it after hearing about the violence (I admit to
a weak stomach for gore), but after finally seeing it (and finding the
violence more along the lines of Story of Ricky than Scarface), I
cannot wait for v2. I'd go see a double-feature every weekend if I
could.