Velocity Reviews

Velocity Reviews (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/index.php)
-   DVD Video (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f40-dvd-video.html)
-   -   Twin Peaks Season 2 (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t264116-twin-peaks-season-2-a.html)

Ian Griffiths 11-12-2003 10:47 PM

Twin Peaks Season 2
 
I just finished watching Season 1 on DVD and I need to find out what happens
asap. I may be able to get hold of some VHS versions, but I'm going to want
to own it on DVD sometime. There still seems to be no whispers of activity
from Universal for any region. Anyone heard any rumours?

Ian.



RR 11-12-2003 10:54 PM

Re: Twin Peaks Season 2
 
Ian Griffiths wrote:

> I just finished watching Season 1 on DVD and I need to find out what
> happens asap. I may be able to get hold of some VHS versions, but I'm
> going to want to own it on DVD sometime. There still seems to be no
> whispers of activity from Universal for any region. Anyone heard any
> rumours?


http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=815

(This link is becoming mighty handy...)

--
RR

"That's the problem with individuals: they're always trying."
- Number 2, "The Prisoner"



Joshua Zyber 11-13-2003 12:03 AM

Re: Twin Peaks Season 2
 
"Ian Griffiths" <Ian_Excelle@nospam.btopenworld.com> wrote in message
news:boud9s$dm2$1@titan.btinternet.com...
> I just finished watching Season 1 on DVD and I need to find out what

happens
> asap. I may be able to get hold of some VHS versions, but I'm going to

want
> to own it on DVD sometime. There still seems to be no whispers of

activity
> from Universal for any region. Anyone heard any rumours?


Universal has nothing to do with Twin Peaks. Artisan last had the rights
and released the Season One box set. The studio was just recently
purchased by Lions Gate. Artisan is currently claiming that sales of
Season One were too poor to justify further releases, which directly
contradicts what their own president said in January 2002 (see
www.dugpa.com).

Rumor has it that the rights to the series have moved or are about to
move to Paramount, who have said nothing about the matter one way or the
other.





Tallulah Blanket 11-13-2003 01:41 AM

Re: Twin Peaks Season 2
 
Joshua Zyber wrote:
> "Ian Griffiths" <Ian_Excelle@nospam.btopenworld.com> wrote in message
> news:boud9s$dm2$1@titan.btinternet.com...
>
>>I just finished watching Season 1 on DVD and I need to find out what

>
> happens
>
>>asap. I may be able to get hold of some VHS versions, but I'm going to

>
> want
>
>>to own it on DVD sometime. There still seems to be no whispers of

>
> activity
>
>>from Universal for any region. Anyone heard any rumours?

>
>
> Universal has nothing to do with Twin Peaks. Artisan last had the rights
> and released the Season One box set. The studio was just recently
> purchased by Lions Gate. Artisan is currently claiming that sales of
> Season One were too poor to justify further releases, which directly
> contradicts what their own president said in January 2002 (see
> www.dugpa.com).
>
> Rumor has it that the rights to the series have moved or are about to
> move to Paramount, who have said nothing about the matter one way or the
> other.
>
>
>
>

The rights to Twin Peaks now reside with Paramount, who released Series
1 internationally. No word on a decent (ie not the Spanish POS version
transferred from VHS) DVD for Series 2, anywhere.


Darrel Christenson 11-13-2003 04:49 AM

Re: Twin Peaks Season 2
 
Ian Griffiths wrote:

> I just finished watching Season 1 on DVD and I need to find out what happens
> asap. I may be able to get hold of some VHS versions, but I'm going to want
> to own it on DVD sometime. There still seems to be no whispers of activity
> from Universal for any region. Anyone heard any rumours?


I have all the boxed sets on LD...


Darrel :)


G. M. Watson 11-13-2003 08:47 AM

Re: Twin Peaks Season 2
 


----------
In article <boud9s$dm2$1@titan.btinternet.com>, "Ian Griffiths"
<Ian_Excelle@nospam.btopenworld.com> wrote:


> I just finished watching Season 1 on DVD and I need to find out what happens
> asap. I may be able to get hold of some VHS versions, but I'm going to want
> to own it on DVD sometime. There still seems to be no whispers of activity
> from Universal for any region. Anyone heard any rumours?
>

I wouldn't worry about it too much. If you've seen the whole of Season 1,
you've seen the best segment of the entire series. It never really reached
that level of quality again (and missed it by a country mile more often than
not).
Geez, I really should get around to putting my LD sets on eBay...
>
>


TonyAtRest 11-13-2003 09:31 AM

Re: Twin Peaks Season 2
 
as with Larry Sanders, this continues to suck.

Tony


"I'm living in this movie, but it doesn't move me...."

Buzzcocks, 1976

jayembee 11-13-2003 05:24 PM

Re: Twin Peaks Season 2
 
"G. M. Watson" <gmgw@pop2.intergate.ca> wrote:

> I wouldn't worry about it too much. If you've seen the
> whole of Season 1, you've seen the best segment of the
> entire series. It never really reached that level of
> quality again


I disagree. At the very least, the rest of the Laura Palmer
storyline -- which covers almost half of the second season
-- was as strong as anything in the first season. I'm even
inclined to say that the episode where Maddy is killed may
be the strongest episode in the entire series.

-- jayembee

SoHillsGuy 11-13-2003 05:28 PM

Re: Twin Peaks Season 2
 
<< I'm even
inclined to say that the episode where Maddy is killed may
be the strongest episode in the entire series. >><BR><BR>

I agree, though I've always considered her murder as maybe the most violent
death scene ever filmed for a regular TV series.

Ian Griffiths 11-13-2003 07:41 PM

Re: Twin Peaks Season 2
 
----- Original Message -----
From: "Joshua Zyber" <jzyber@SPAMMERS-DROP-DEAD.mindspring.com>
Newsgroups: alt.video.dvd
Sent: Thursday, November 13, 2003 12:03 AM
Subject: Re: Twin Peaks Season 2


> Universal has nothing to do with Twin Peaks.


Maybe not in the US, but my R2 boxset has Universal written on the top :)
And no mention of Artisan anywhere...

For all concerned about S2, just happened on this:

http://www.petitiononline.com/tpdvdnow/petition.html

Probably do nothing, but can't harm - 4500 signatures already!

Ian.




All times are GMT. The time now is 07:16 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®. Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.