Velocity Reviews

-   -   Don't make this mistake... ColumbiaHouseDVD club- pre-orders. (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t263709-dont-make-this-mistake-columbiahousedvd-club-pre-orders.html)

Randy 10-22-2003 06:30 PM

Don't make this mistake... ColumbiaHouseDVD club- pre-orders.

I sure learned a lesson the hard way. Recently I joined Columbia House
DVD club. It seemed like a fair deal, a bunch of DVD's for 49 cents,
then buy 3 at regular price over three years and I'm done.

Well I made the mistake of ordering Matrix Reloaded as a "pre-order".
I have not yet seen this movie and have been waiting for it to be
released, which as you all know was Oct 14th. Well I received an email
from them on Oct 16th stating that my copy had been shipped on Oct
15th. Today is Oct 22nd and I still have not received it!!!

I learned my lesson. I will purchase movies I really must see on their
release date from a local retailer.

I think that I had heard that some on-line stores will ship a few days
before the release date so that customer receive them on the release
date. Can anyone recommend good on-line store where that will happen?

Michael Rogers 10-22-2003 08:12 PM

Re: Don't make this mistake... ColumbiaHouseDVD club- pre-orders.

> Well I made the mistake of ordering Matrix Reloaded as a "pre-order".
> I have not yet seen this movie and have been waiting for it to be
> released, which as you all know was Oct 14th. Well I received an email
> from them on Oct 16th stating that my copy had been shipped on Oct
> 15th. Today is Oct 22nd and I still have not received it!!!

Columbia House is not where you want to go if you want to get the movie
right away. The movie will reach you soon enough, they usually don't use
priority.

I use Columbia House for the sales they have a few times a year and of
course getting those first few dirt cheap DVD's. But for usual high
profile new releases I want to get right away, I go to the stores.

Columbia House comes in handy when they have thier buy 1 at full price
get unlimited at 50% off. I take that opportunity to fill in some holes
in my collection (DVD's I've wanted to get but they are not priority).
Also they usually have free shipping for more than 3 on sales like that.

Mike

Metro Bus 10-22-2003 11:03 PM

www.dvdpacific.com

Jim Fraas 10-23-2003 03:00 AM

Re: Don't make this mistake... ColumbiaHouseDVD club- pre-orders.

I only joined INCE and I did not have to get ONE DVD at list price.
How?
The key number is 19.98.
although their regular prices do tend to be list,when they do have a sale
discs pricing at 19.98 or more when on sale count as a full price purchase.

--
There's only one hope left for the Star Trek movie franchise.
It is a letter located between P and R in the alphabet.

Michael Walker 10-23-2003 03:50 AM

"Randy" <Randy@?.com> wrote in message
> I sure learned a lesson the hard way. Recently I joined Columbia House
> DVD club. It seemed like a fair deal, a bunch of DVD's for 49 cents,
> then buy 3 at regular price over three years and I'm done.
>
> Well I made the mistake of ordering Matrix Reloaded as a "pre-order".
> I have not yet seen this movie and have been waiting for it to be
> released, which as you all know was Oct 14th. Well I received an email
> from them on Oct 16th stating that my copy had been shipped on Oct
> 15th. Today is Oct 22nd and I still have not received it!!!
>
> I learned my lesson. I will purchase movies I really must see on their
> release date from a local retailer.
>
> I think that I had heard that some on-line stores will ship a few days
> before the release date so that customer receive them on the release
> date. Can anyone recommend good on-line store where that will happen?

I joined, cancelled, refused their request to reopen my account, joined
again with a new account. Then they started Funcash and I just decided to
keep the account open. Got $8 in Funcash now. :) Got Matrix 2 in the mail
from CH the day after release

Cadet Grey 10-23-2003 01:01 PM

Re: Don't make this mistake... ColumbiaHouseDVD club- pre-orders.

> I think that I had heard that some on-line stores will ship a few days
> before the release date so that customer receive them on the release
> date. Can anyone recommend good on-line store where that will happen?

www.buy.com

I always receive my new releases from them on the street date. (Once
or twice I've even received them on the previous Friday or Saturday.)

amazon.com is usually pretty fast, too. I usually receive DVD's on the
Thursday or Friday after they've hit the stores ... the two or three day
wait is worth the convenience of having them show up at my front door,
for me anyway.

- Grey