Velocity Reviews

-   -   Forever Knight Season 1 (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t263695-forever-knight-season-1-a.html)

Tapes101 10-22-2003 04:08 AM

Forever Knight Season 1

I was wondering if anyone is buying the Forever Knight DVD set that came out
today. I found it for 22.99 today. What other prices are out there? Let me
know.

Tapes101@aol.com (who should now be DVD101@aol.com)

skankee 10-22-2003 04:17 AM

Re: Forever Knight Season 1

On 22 Oct 2003 04:08:55 GMT, tapes101@aol.com (Tapes101) wrote:

>I was wondering if anyone is buying the Forever Knight DVD set that came out
>today. I found it for 22.99 today. What other prices are out there? Let me
>know.

Where?! Where can you get it for 22.99?

Tapes101 10-22-2003 04:27 AM

Re: Forever Knight Season 1

Hi,
I got it on base. I am not sure if they messed up the price or not. It had a
price sticker that said that 22.99 and when it was rung up it said the same
price. No complaints here.

Tapes101@aol.com

Justin 10-22-2003 04:31 AM

Re: Forever Knight Season 1

Tapes101 wrote on [22 Oct 2003 04:27:18 GMT]:
> Hi,
> I got it on base. I am not sure if they messed up the price or not. It had a
> price sticker that said that 22.99 and when it was rung up it said the same
> price. No complaints here.

you got it where?

Tapes101 10-22-2003 04:36 AM

Re: Forever Knight Season 1

Fort Belvoir. An Army base.

Tapes101

jayembee 10-22-2003 04:47 AM

Re: Forever Knight Season 1

tapes101@aol.com (Tapes101) wrote:

>I was wondering if anyone is buying the Forever Knight DVD set that came out
>today. I found it for 22.99 today. What other prices are out there? Let me
>know.

Where the HELL did you find it for $22.99???!!! The MSRP is $79.99.
Best Buy had it for $69.99 today.

Anyway, I had a scare with regards to it. I was already dubious about
Columbia putting five eps on each of the first two discs. But when I
started looking at the first disc, and saw the CBS "Crimetime After
Primetime" logo, followed by the "CBS Surround" logo when the first
episode began, I started screaming, "Those bastards have used the
cut-to-ribbons CBS versions!!!!"

(The CBS versions were cut down to ~41 minutes from the ~47 minute
Canadian versions. The versions that have aired on Sci Fi are
somewhere in the middle.)

However, although the first episode (first half of the 2-part pilot)
does run short, all of the other episodes on the first disc -- I
haven't checked the other discs yet -- are the full-length 47m
versions.

Regarding the first episode being "short", it's hard to say whether
it's cut or not. It seems to me that even the Sci Fi version of it ran
short. But it's hard to tell because the CBS and Sci Fi versions were
edited differently, and I believe that each had footage that wasn't in
the other.

-- jayembee

Eric R. 10-22-2003 01:00 PM

Re: Forever Knight Season 1

tapes101@aol.com (Tapes101) wrote in message

> I got it on base. I am not sure if they messed up the price or not. It had a
> price sticker that said that 22.99 and when it was rung up it said the same
> price. No complaints here.

Man, what a bargain! They must have been having a 2/3 off sale!

-Eric

lrulan 10-22-2003 02:55 PM

Re: Forever Knight Season 1

"Tapes101" <tapes101@aol.com> wrote in message
> I was wondering if anyone is buying the Forever Knight DVD set that came

out
> today. I found it for 22.99 today. What other prices are out there? Let me
> know.
>
> Tapes101@aol.com (who should now be DVD101@aol.com)

I pre-ordered the set from Deep Discount DVD for $22 when it was first
announced and the price error was not noticed. I received it yesterday and
was only charged the original $22.

--

Irulan
from now until the end of time

jayembee 10-23-2003 01:29 PM

Re: Forever Knight Season 1

elrous0@pop.uky.edu (Eric R.) wrote:

> Man, what a bargain! They must have been having a 2/3 off sale!

Well, to be sure, when the set was originally announced, it
was given an MSRP of $29.95. Columbia realized the mistake
and corrected it fairly quickly. Presumably, there are some
places that still had it listed at that incorrect MSRP, and
discounted from that.

-- jayembee