Velocity Reviews

-   -   D FLIP-FLOP (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t26272-d-flip-flop.html)

ABS 12-15-2005 05:09 AM

D FLIP-FLOP

hiii
i need immeadite help...
i have to deliver a presentation. suppose i have to verify a D flip
flop, what are the verification stages, how will i proceed with it.
what are the steps to begin till end. its important so can any one out
here just brief it out to me.

thanks a million.

bye

Thomas Stanka 12-15-2005 07:30 AM

Re: D FLIP-FLOP

HI,

ABS wrote::
> i need immeadite help...
> i have to deliver a presentation. suppose i have to verify a D flip
> flop, what are the verification stages, how will i proceed with it.
> what are the steps to begin till end. its important so can any one out
> here just brief it out to me.

There's a lack of information in your request.

- Who has to be impressed by this representation
- On which level do you need to verify?
- Against which scenario do you have to verify?
- What D-FF exactly?
- How much will you pay?

Step one: collect all necessary requirements for your task
Further steps may be easy after step one.

bye Thomas

ABS 12-15-2005 08:53 AM

Re: D FLIP-FLOP

hey..

this is a presentation that has to be delivered to my team,to teh
members of my team itself. what if in case they ask, explain with an
example, say u givn a D Flip Flop to verify, how will u proceed. what
do u plan n how u cary on with the verification. What m i suppose to
say. how will i proceed. can u plzzzzz tell me in brief..!!

thanks

charles.elias@wpafb.af.mil 12-15-2005 11:47 AM

Re: D FLIP-FLOP

I assume you know how a D flip flop works. If you don't, you need to
find out before you start. From the definition of a D flip flop you
will know what its expected behaviour is given certain inputs. You
simply need to supply the inputs and verify that the flip flop responds
according to its definition.

Charles

Niv 12-15-2005 12:27 PM

Re: D FLIP-FLOP

For a deep verification, you can monitor the outputs and then verify
that
for the given outputs (and transitions) the correct stimulii were
received,
i.e. no false switching as well as correct behaviour for usual inputs.
This does mean firing a whole load of different vectors at the inputs,
using
all possible combinations of multi valued logic 0, 1, Z, and maybe X.

Just an idea.

Kev P.

David Binnie 12-15-2005 04:43 PM

Re: D FLIP-FLOP