Velocity Reviews

Velocity Reviews (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/index.php)
-   DVD Video (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f40-dvd-video.html)
-   -   TV Series "Crime Story" Coming to DVD (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t262704-tv-series-crime-story-coming-to-dvd.html)

eb 09-03-2003 07:11 PM

TV Series "Crime Story" Coming to DVD
 
I read on tvshowsondvd.com that Anchor Bay will be releasing Season
One of Crime Story November 4. As the A&E reruns didn't contain the
original music that aired during the NBC run, does anyone know if the
DVD will have the original music restored?

Joshua Zyber 09-03-2003 10:54 PM

Re: TV Series "Crime Story" Coming to DVD
 
"eb" <esb100@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:9a749250.0309031111.14ecea97@posting.google.c om...
> I read on tvshowsondvd.com that Anchor Bay will be releasing Season
> One of Crime Story November 4. As the A&E reruns didn't contain the
> original music that aired during the NBC run, does anyone know if the
> DVD will have the original music restored?


At a guess, I'd say it isn't likely.




Aphelion 09-04-2003 09:39 PM

Re: TV Series "Crime Story" Coming to DVD
 
> > I read on tvshowsondvd.com that Anchor Bay will be releasing Season
> > One of Crime Story November 4. As the A&E reruns didn't contain the
> > original music that aired during the NBC run, does anyone know if the
> > DVD will have the original music restored?

>
> At a guess, I'd say it isn't likely.


NNNNOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

I've been waiting for this set FOREVER. I caught some of the A&E reruns and
the substituted music was wholly UNACCEPTABLE!!!

Aphelion

P.S.: This series kicks ass!!



poldy 09-04-2003 10:09 PM

Re: TV Series "Crime Story" Coming to DVD
 
In article <aiO5b.1359$3t2.1193@twister.nyroc.rr.com>,
"Aphelion" <sonship@twcny.rr.com> wrote:

> > > I read on tvshowsondvd.com that Anchor Bay will be releasing Season
> > > One of Crime Story November 4. As the A&E reruns didn't contain the
> > > original music that aired during the NBC run, does anyone know if the
> > > DVD will have the original music restored?

> >
> > At a guess, I'd say it isn't likely.

>
> NNNNOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!
>
> I've been waiting for this set FOREVER. I caught some of the A&E reruns and
> the substituted music was wholly UNACCEPTABLE!!!
>
> Aphelion
>
> P.S.: This series kicks ass!!
>
>


That's really too bad. The music rights holder being unreasonable or
the DVD rights holder lowballing them?

Who else is playing Del Shannon these days?

Aphelion 09-05-2003 12:40 AM

"Crime Story" Original Music
 
> Who else is playing Del Shannon these days?

I don't think the theme song will be affected. The problem with the A&E
broadcasts was that the oldies that played in the background of some scenes
was totally different. I know this because I own the videotape collection
of the series which has the music from the original NBC broadcasts. For
example, in the A&E showing, the opening scene of "Final Transmission", the
first regular episode, a different song was playing in the beauty parlor
when the killer walks in and kills the women. The scene had noticeably less
punch. It drove me crazy; I noticed right away.

I sent Anchor Bay an e-mail a couple of months ago asking if the DVDs would
retain the original music and the response I got was that he [person
answering the e-mail] didn't know, and would have to check on that. That
could be a way of sidestepping the issue so as to not panic the abundance of
Crime Story fanatics like me. : )

Aphelion



Steve K. 09-05-2003 07:09 AM

Re: "Crime Story" Original Music
 
So let's see...

1. Studios sell TV DVD's with original music that they pay record
companies for. TV fans get shows as they aired with original music. The
studios and record companies make money. Fans are happy. Everybody wins!

2. Studios refuse to pay for music rights to record companies because
they want too much money. TV fans don't buy DVD's because they are
missing the original music. The studios lose money on the venture
because of the outlay to make the DVD's. The record companies make
nothing. The fans are ****ed off. Everyone loses.


All this fuss over music rights is ridiculous. The studios and record
companies should come to an agreement, period.

The studios are making money on these televison DVD's hand over fist!
This is completely "found" money. The never expected to sell televison
shows to the public. Since the music industry is in such a slump, they
should negotiate a reasonable fee for their music. Here's a venue they
will actually make money on (as opposed to the rise of MP3 and file
swapping). Why do they insist on always taking the second route where
everyone loses?


john33907@comcast.net 09-07-2003 11:10 PM

Re: "Crime Story" Original Music
 
On Fri, 05 Sep 2003 07:09:56 GMT, "Steve K." <steve@nodamnspam.com>
wrote:

>So let's see...
>
>1. Studios sell TV DVD's with original music that they pay record
>companies for. TV fans get shows as they aired with original music. The
>studios and record companies make money. Fans are happy. Everybody wins!
>
>2. Studios refuse to pay for music rights to record companies because
>they want too much money. TV fans don't buy DVD's because they are
>missing the original music. The studios lose money on the venture
>because of the outlay to make the DVD's. The record companies make
>nothing. The fans are ****ed off. Everyone loses.
>
>
>All this fuss over music rights is ridiculous. The studios and record
>companies should come to an agreement, period.
>
>The studios are making money on these televison DVD's hand over fist!
>This is completely "found" money. The never expected to sell televison
>shows to the public. Since the music industry is in such a slump, they
>should negotiate a reasonable fee for their music. Here's a venue they
>will actually make money on (as opposed to the rise of MP3 and file
>swapping). Why do they insist on always taking the second route where
>everyone loses?



They are all greedy bastards.

tom cooley 09-08-2003 06:22 AM

Re: "Crime Story" Original Music
 
On Fri, 05 Sep 2003 00:40:19 GMT, "Aphelion" <sonship@twcny.rr.com>
wrote:

>> Who else is playing Del Shannon these days?

>
>I don't think the theme song will be affected. The problem with the A&E
>broadcasts was that the oldies that played in the background of some scenes
>was totally different. I know this because I own the videotape collection
>of the series which has the music from the original NBC broadcasts. For
>example, in the A&E showing, the opening scene of "Final Transmission", the
>first regular episode, a different song was playing in the beauty parlor
>when the killer walks in and kills the women. The scene had noticeably less
>punch. It drove me crazy; I noticed right away.
>
>I sent Anchor Bay an e-mail a couple of months ago asking if the DVDs would
>retain the original music and the response I got was that he [person
>answering the e-mail] didn't know, and would have to check on that. That
>could be a way of sidestepping the issue so as to not panic the abundance of
>Crime Story fanatics like me. : )
>
>Aphelion
>

Whats interesting about crime story was that it it based on a
legendary chicago detective, William Hanradt. Later it was found out
that he worked for the outfit all those years and ran a jewel theft
ring


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:09 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®. Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.