Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: Macrovision (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t262646-re-macrovision.html)

Anonymous Joe 09-02-2003 12:21 PM

Re: Macrovision

"Dr. Speedbyrd" <horny@ziplip.com> wrote in message
news:lle2lvkajks04ss6ht4oko2rpmf6kcvmb2@4ax.com...
> On Sat, 30 Aug 2003 23:48:10 GMT, "Anonymous Joe" <no@spam.please> wrote:
>
> >"Dr. Speedbyrd" <horny@ziplip.com> wrote in message
> >news:b3jukvk3snh4cas11438d7he8eq3psmh1t@4ax.com.. .

> >> Macovision is there for a reason.
> >>
> >> Why would you want to copy a DVD to tape??
> >> And please stop with blaming the kids for your piracy. Do you have any

> >idea how many times this sorry excuse
> >> has been used? Learn to control your kids! If you really have any.
> >>
> >> Dr. Speedbyrd :>

> >Well, Dr, if you even do have a Ph.D, otherwise you are falsifying your

own
> >name, and that isn't very moral, is it?
> >
> >One thing I know for certain about you is that you either have no kids,

or
> >your last child was born before 1972, making them 18 in 1990, so they

would
> >be good around CDs.
> >
> >How do I know? Only someone that has never seen children handling discs
> >would ever say that. It only takes ONE time for the disc to be damaged.
> >
> >Need more proof? Go down to your local blockbuster, if you even have one

in
> >your backwards hick-town you must be from, and rent something that is

sort
> >of old, but still popular on DVD. Look at that disc, it is all

scratched,
> >marked, gouged, damaged. It plays, but would you want to count on it?
> >Would you want to pay $20 for this disc you are looking at?
> >
> >Exactly, the ownership of a DVD is such quality would be quite
> >disappointing, and not desired.
> >
> >What's else, children do not know the difference between DVD quality and

VHS
> >quality. You can easily fool them, and a tape is easier for children to
> >use, particularly if there is any surround sound to be involved.
> >
> >Anyone truly intent upon pirating a DVD will not use a VCR, and they will
> >probably not use a DVD recorder, as they will loose such things as the

menu.
> >This only leaves a PC with DVD+/-R(W) drive to be used. Since he does

not
> >have one, this won't be happening, and thus the main idea behind DVD
> >pirating does not exist for this person.
> >
> >Before you go off and accuse random innocent people of being pirates,
> >remember these two things:
> >
> >1) Copyright laws allow anybody who has ownership of any purchased media

> >copy it as they want, for backup purposes. It does NOT allow them to

sell
> >or distribute this copy. Anybody still in possesion of an older media

can
> >download a copy from the Internet, from a warez site or P2P, legally.

This
> >is to say, if I have the original 1963 LP Beatles - Please Please Me, I

can
> >legally download all the songs on that album and burn it to CD, since I

have
> >the original recording, and everybody has been paid. I could also

download
> >the MP3s if I bought a casette tape of it, and burn that to MP3. I can

also
> >create the MP3s myself, by converting the LP to a WAV file, or the

casette
> >tape to a WAV file. This also applies to movies, since they are

copyrighted
> >in the same way. If I have an old VHS copy of something, I can download

the
> >divx rip on the Internet and convert it to SVCD, or DVD, and keep that.

> >could also do that myself with a decent capture card and PC. What it

does
> >NOT entitle me to do is bring my old VHS tape into, say, Wal-Mart, and

ask
> >for the DVD because I already own the VHS.
> >
> >2) Do you have now, or have ever had at any time in your (presumably

short)
> >existence a file, a tape, a CD, a DVD, or any other media that had any
> >copyrighted works on it that you had not paid for, not paid for in full,

or
> >not paid for at an earlier time?
> >
> >Now, Speedbyrd, given your reputation around here, I expect to have all
> >sorts of obscenities hurled in my direction from somebody very far away

and

I think your a ****ing narc, so bite me.

Prof. Speedbyrd 09-02-2003 01:13 PM

Re: Macrovision

On Tue, 02 Sep 2003 12:21:52 GMT, "Anonymous Joe" <no@spam.please> wrote:

>> >Now, Speedbyrd, given your reputation around here, I expect to have all
>> >sorts of obscenities hurled in my direction from somebody very far away

>and
>> >4' off the ground.
>> >

>> Don't you wish you were worth so much energy on my part?
>>
>> Dr. Speedbyrd :>

>I think your a ****ing narc, so bite me.

I think you are uneducated as you can't distinguish the various uses of 'your' and 'you're'.
Learn to speak like a civilized person before you address me. I've no time for the little people; least of
all, uneducated ones. I also don't give a rat **** what you think of me. All clear on that, junior?

Dr. Speedbyrd :>

Anonymous Joe 09-02-2003 02:25 PM

Re: Macrovision

"Prof. Speedbyrd" <horny@ziplip.com> wrote in message

all

away
> >and
> >> >

> >> Don't you wish you were worth so much energy on my part?
> >>
> >> Dr. Speedbyrd :>

> >I think your a ****ing narc, so bite me.
> >

> I think you are uneducated as you can't distinguish the various uses of

'your' and 'you're'.
> Learn to speak like a civilized person before you address me. I've no time

for the little people; least of
> all, uneducated ones. I also don't give a rat **** what you think of me.

All clear on that, junior?

> Dr. Speedbyrd :>

I noticed you have changed your surname, PROFESSOR Speedbyrd. What happened
to the Dr.?

Jim D 09-02-2003 02:45 PM

Re: Macrovision

Prof. Speedbyrd <horny@ziplip.com> wrote in

>>I think your a ****ing narc, so bite me.
>>

> I think you are uneducated as you can't distinguish the various uses
> of 'your' and 'you're'. Learn to speak like a civilized person before
> you address me. I've no time for the little people; least of all,
> uneducated ones. I also don't give a rat **** what you think of me.
> All clear on that, junior?
>
> Dr. Speedbyrd :>

Now that is funny. SpeedByrd has been bitch slapped hard over his own
stupidity. The first thing he does is heads out and trolls others with his
attempts at superiority. Back to the playground Speedy. Deal with your
own issues first. LOL

Prof. Speedbyrd 09-03-2003 12:48 AM

Re: Macrovision

On Tue, 02 Sep 2003 14:25:13 GMT, "Anonymous Joe" <no@spam.please> wrote:

>"Prof. Speedbyrd" <horny@ziplip.com> wrote in message
>news:gh59lvotk7stg64k12t0da5oit9f8tdq2u@4ax.com.. .

>all

>away
>> >and

>> >I think your a ****ing narc, so bite me.
>> >

>> I think you are uneducated as you can't distinguish the various uses of

>'your' and 'you're'.
>> Learn to speak like a civilized person before you address me. I've no time

>for the little people; least of
>> all, uneducated ones. I also don't give a rat **** what you think of me.

>All clear on that, junior?
>>
>> Dr. Speedbyrd :>

>I noticed you have changed your surname, PROFESSOR Speedbyrd. What happened
>to the Dr.?

I took a night course!

Dr. Speedbyrd :>

Max Volume 09-03-2003 01:32 AM

Re: Macrovision

In article <8L15b.155432$2x.43910@rwcrnsc52.ops.asp.att.net >, Anonymous
Joe <no@spam.please> wrote:

> I noticed you have changed your surname, PROFESSOR Speedbyrd. What happened
> to the Dr.?

Surname? Dude, buy a dictionary. As for the reason he's changed the
*title* that goes along with his screen name, I'm guessing it's because
too many people PLONKED him as Dr. Speedbyrd.

Not that it's going to stop me from plonking him AGAIN, though.

The byurd 09-03-2003 01:45 AM

Re: Macrovision

On Wed, 03 Sep 2003 01:32:10 GMT, Max Volume <macsvolume@yahoo.com> wrote:

>In article <8L15b.155432$2x.43910@rwcrnsc52.ops.asp.att.net >, Anonymous
>Joe <no@spam.please> wrote:
>
>> I noticed you have changed your surname, PROFESSOR Speedbyrd. What happened
>> to the Dr.?

>Surname? Dude, buy a dictionary. As for the reason he's changed the
>*title* that goes along with his screen name, I'm guessing it's because
>too many people PLONKED him as Dr. Speedbyrd.
>
>Not that it's going to stop me from plonking him AGAIN, though.

Guess it didn't work this time either, HUH????!! LOL!!!

Dr. Speedbyrd :>

Wile E. Coyote 09-03-2003 02:16 AM

Re: Macrovision

The byurd <WayneM@zipper.com> wrote in

>>Not that it's going to stop me from plonking him AGAIN, though.

> Guess it didn't work this time either, HUH????!! LOL!!!
>
> Dr. Speedbyrd :>

You are a troubled youth. Does you Mommy know what you are doing?

Max Volume 09-03-2003 02:28 AM

Re: Macrovision

In article <8mhalvgq24qo35palu0jdnpm1s5h0sila3@4ax.com>, The byurd
<WayneM@zipper.com> wrote:

> Guess it didn't work this time either, HUH????!! LOL!!!

I'm sorry, what was that? I wasn't listePLONK!!!!

Prof. Speedbyrd 09-03-2003 04:06 AM

Re: Macrovision

On Wed, 03 Sep 2003 02:16:53 GMT, "Wile E. Coyote" <coyote@yahoo.com> wrote:

>The byurd <WayneM@zipper.com> wrote in
>news:8mhalvgq24qo35palu0jdnpm1s5h0sila3@4ax.com :
>
>>>Not that it's going to stop me from plonking him AGAIN, though.

>> Guess it didn't work this time either, HUH????!! LOL!!!
>>
>> Dr. Speedbyrd :>

>You are a troubled youth. Does you Mommy know what you are doing?

No but she knows that changing your ID will no longer bring you into my view. My filters are a bit more
extensive than yours. So long, douchebag. You can hide alright. Better than you think !! LOL!!!! Sucker!

Dr. Speedbyrd :>