Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: Two Towers Defective on PS2!! (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t262640-re-two-towers-defective-on-ps2.html)

Paul C. 09-02-2003 02:30 AM

Re: Two Towers Defective on PS2!!

laseranddvdfan@aol.com (LASERandDVDfan) wrote in
news:20030831120649.18258.00000186@mb-m13.aol.com:

> In videogames, that is an ignorant stance. That's very much

like
> saying that you don't enjoy watching b&w movies because the

newer ones
> are in color.

I hate B&W movies & wouldn't watch them unless they were
colorized.

> I play the current generation, but I also play the older

generation of
> games with equal frequency. There are still great games on

vintage
> platforms that I have never played yet.

I've tried but the games I once loved I now actually detest as
being simplistic & dull. For example I bought the Activision
Anthology which provides perfect reproductions of all their games
& I only played it for one day before never touching it again.
Some people can't go back. Even more recent games are painful when
the graphics & sounds don't match up to more modern products. They
can have an effect on the overall enjoyment of the game.

LASERandDVDfan 09-02-2003 02:53 PM

Re: Two Towers Defective on PS2!!

>I hate B&W movies & wouldn't watch them unless they were
>colorized.

Hey, that's your problem. Your quirk is that you will miss some good movies
from that era. For that matter, in this particular topic in concerns of video
games, you'll miss out on some great stuff.

You allow asthetics to ruin gameplay. Again, that's YOUR problem. - Reinhart

Steve Knoblock 09-02-2003 03:55 PM

"LASERandDVDfan" <laseranddvdfan@aol.com> wrote in message
> >I hate B&W movies & wouldn't watch them unless they were
> >colorized.

> Hey, that's your problem. Your quirk is that you will miss some good

movies
> from that era. For that matter, in this particular topic in concerns of

video

I can't wait until they colorize those photos by Stieglitz, Adams and
Weston. They are so old-skool I can't "watch" them.

Steve

LASERandDVDfan 09-02-2003 08:31 PM

Re: Two Towers Defective on PS2!!

>I can't wait until they colorize those photos by Stieglitz, Adams and
>Weston. They are so old-skool I can't "watch" them.

Yeah, let's colorize "Casablanca." Maybe someone can make Humphrey Bogart look
a touch too red as a sick joke in reference to when he was accused as a
communist during McCarthyism. - Reinhart

Ray Tracer 09-02-2003 10:15 PM

Re: Two Towers Defective on PS2!!

in article 20030902163139.22749.00000322@mb-m23.aol.com, LASERandDVDfan at
laseranddvdfan@aol.com thus spake on 9/2/03 3:31 PM:

>> I can't wait until they colorize those photos by Stieglitz, Adams and
>> Weston. They are so old-skool I can't "watch" them.

> Yeah, let's colorize "Casablanca." Maybe someone can make Humphrey Bogart
> look
> a touch too red as a sick joke in reference to when he was accused as a
> communist during McCarthyism. - Reinhart

....And Ingrid a little blue, perhaps. Wait! Didn't Turner already do all
this? :-P

Neal
--
Science is like sex: sometimes something useful comes out, but that is not
the reason we are doing it - Richard Feynman

Jay G 09-02-2003 10:40 PM

Re: Two Towers Defective on PS2!!

"LASERandDVDfan" <laseranddvdfan@aol.com> wrote
> Yeah, let's colorize "Casablanca."

Ted Turner already has. It didn't go over well.

-Jay

LASERandDVDfan 09-03-2003 02:07 AM

Re: Two Towers Defective on PS2!!

>Wait! Didn't Turner already do all
>this? :-P

As a matter of fact, yes! He did!

You could have renamed the movie "Casablanca in SPACE" and no one would have
questioned it because of the screwed up coloring. - Reinhart