Velocity Reviews

-   -   Help on DVDR wanted!!! (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t262112-help-on-dvdr-wanted.html)

HB 08-02-2003 04:25 PM

Help on DVDR wanted!!!

I have just bought a Philips DVDR 990. It plays DVD alright but the problem
is finding the tv-channles using the DVD-player/recorder:

I have a Pioneer digital satelite recierver (approx 2 - 3 yers old). I am
using scart cabels from the DVD to the TV and from the DVD to the satelite
recierver. But when I ask the DVD to install channels it runs trough the
program without finding any!

Is there anyone having the same problem, or better - do anyone have some
suggestions about what to do?

Spam Buster 08-03-2003 05:03 AM

Re: Help on DVDR wanted!!!

"HB" <hb71@hotmail.com> wrote in message
| I have just bought a Philips DVDR 990. It plays DVD alright but the
problem
| is finding the tv-channles using the DVD-player/recorder:
|
| I have a Pioneer digital satelite recierver (approx 2 - 3 yers old). I am
| using scart cabels from the DVD to the TV and from the DVD to the satelite
| recierver. But when I ask the DVD to install channels it runs trough the
| program without finding any!
|
| Is there anyone having the same problem, or better - do anyone have some
| suggestions about what to do?

"install channels" tries to find channels on the antenna-in. as you have a
scart connection to your satelite box, there is no signal on the antenna-in.
You can simply record DVDs by recording from the Video-port that corresponds
with the scart connector that is connected to your satelite box. Channel
selection should be done on your satelite box. You may not be able to do
timed recordings. Some VCRs have a little gismo that you put in front of the
IR eye of the satelite box to change the channels, the Philips DVD recorder
doesn't have this.

SB