Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: New Zealand Films on DVD (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t262106-re-new-zealand-films-on-dvd.html)

Arthur Marsh 08-02-2003 01:23 PM

Re: New Zealand Films on DVD

Charles Eggen wrote:

> To ease the search for information on New Zealand Films that are on
> DVD, a new DVD section has been added to New Zealand Films on Video
> and DVD at:
>
> http://www.nzvideos.org/dvdlist.html
>
> Gradually, DVD details will be added that should be helpful in
> locating elusive New Zealand DVD titles, given that many are only
> available in one zone. This makes it hard on folks without a
> multi-zone player. I better not get started about zones:(

No mention of The Quiet Earth though )-:. I managed to see it during its
brief cinema release in Australia.

Arthur.

Charles Eggen 08-02-2003 03:58 PM

Re: New Zealand Films on DVD

On Sat, 02 Aug 2003 13:23:43 GMT, Arthur Marsh
<arthur.marsh@internode.on.net> wrote:

>Charles Eggen wrote:
>
>> To ease the search for information on New Zealand Films that are on
>> DVD, a new DVD section has been added to New Zealand Films on Video
>> and DVD at:
>>
>> http://www.nzvideos.org/dvdlist.html
>>
>> Gradually, DVD details will be added that should be helpful in
>> locating elusive New Zealand DVD titles, given that many are only
>> available in one zone. This makes it hard on folks without a
>> multi-zone player. I better not get started about zones:(

>No mention of The Quiet Earth though )-:. I managed to see it during its
>brief cinema release in Australia.
>
>Arthur.

No mention of QUIET EARTH since it is not yet been put on DVD. It is
one of those mysteries of life.

Charles

E. Scrooge 08-02-2003 07:19 PM

Re: New Zealand Films on DVD

"Charles Eggen" <cne@efn.org> wrote in message
> On Sat, 02 Aug 2003 13:23:43 GMT, Arthur Marsh
> <arthur.marsh@internode.on.net> wrote:
>

> >Charles Eggen wrote:
> >
> >> To ease the search for information on New Zealand Films that are on
> >> DVD, a new DVD section has been added to New Zealand Films on Video
> >> and DVD at:
> >>
> >> http://www.nzvideos.org/dvdlist.html
> >>
> >> Gradually, DVD details will be added that should be helpful in
> >> locating elusive New Zealand DVD titles, given that many are only
> >> available in one zone. This makes it hard on folks without a
> >> multi-zone player. I better not get started about zones:(

> >No mention of The Quiet Earth though )-:. I managed to see it during its
> >brief cinema release in Australia.
> >
> >Arthur.
> >

> No mention of QUIET EARTH since it is not yet been put on DVD. It is
> one of those mysteries of life.
>
> Charles

It's also one of the better films that this country has made.

E. Scrooge