Velocity Reviews

-   -   Auto Txt Find (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t26170-auto-txt-find.html)

Frank Rizzo 12-11-2005 02:29 AM

Auto Txt Find

In the past I used to be able to start typing on a web page
and the txt search window would automatically come up, now I
have to manually hit CTRL-F.

How do I set it back to automatic?

Leonidas Jones 12-11-2005 04:25 AM

Re: Auto Txt Find

Frank Rizzo wrote:
> In the past I used to be able to start typing on a web page and the txt
> search window would automatically come up, now I have to manually hit
> CTRL-F.
>
> How do I set it back to automatic?

What application are you talking about?

If its FF 1.5, Tools>>Options>>Advanced

General tab, check the box for Begin finding when you begin typing.

Lee

Ralph Fox 12-11-2005 05:27 AM

Re: Auto Txt Find

On Sun, 11 Dec 2005 15:29:28 +1300, in message
*<dng2tv$bma$1@lust.ihug.co.nz>, Frank Rizzo wrote:

> In the past I used to be able to start typing on a web page
> and the txt search window would automatically come up, now I
> have to manually hit CTRL-F.
>
> How do I set it back to automatic?

1. Which browser/version are you asking about?

2. These may have the answer for you (depending on browser and version)
2.1 Tools -> Options -> Advanced -> Accessibility
[x] Use Find As You Type
2.2 http://www.mozilla.org/support/firef...s.html#beh_taf
2.3 http://www.mozilla.org/projects/ui/a...aheadfind.html

--
Cheers
Ralph Fox

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such an annoying thing?
A: Top-posting.