Velocity Reviews

-   -   ...And WS TV makes yet another breakthrough (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t261698-and-ws-tv-makes-yet-another-breakthrough.html)

Aaron J. Bossig 06-28-2003 09:54 PM

...And WS TV makes yet another breakthrough

I happened to be in Wal-Mart's electronics department this week.
Honestly, I was amazed at the sight-- a 16:9 HD-ready set was the
centerpiece of the TV section. The price was about $1200. A little
steep for most, but without a doubt within the reach of the mainstream.

I'd like to add that this store is located in Hazleton, Pa. Not really
an ideal test market area, nor is it a hotspot for HT enthusiasts. Simply
put, WS TVs seem to have hit the big time. :-)

--
Aaron J. Bossig

http://www.GodsLabRat.com
http://www.daily-reviews.com

Grand Inquisitor 06-29-2003 12:17 AM

Re: ...And WS TV makes yet another breakthrough

Aaron J. Bossig wrote:
> I happened to be in Wal-Mart's electronics department this week.
> Honestly, I was amazed at the sight-- a 16:9 HD-ready set was the
> centerpiece of the TV section. The price was about $1200. A little
> steep for most, but without a doubt within the reach of the mainstream.
>
> I'd like to add that this store is located in Hazleton, Pa. Not really
> an ideal test market area, nor is it a hotspot for HT enthusiasts. Simply
> put, WS TVs seem to have hit the big time. :-)
>
> --
> Aaron J. Bossig
>
> http://www.GodsLabRat.com
> http://www.daily-reviews.com

About time. They've been selling big screen HDTVs for a while now, but
I don't consider 4:3 to be true HD, even though it's allowed under the
spec. All along HD was intended to be widescreen and have about 1000
horizontal lines of resolution, anything else doesn't really mesh with
the HD video that's been written and theorized about for decades.

--
"It is dark, you are likely to be eaten by a grue."
--Zork

Grand Inquisitor

Mark Spatny 06-30-2003 05:35 AM

Re: ...And WS TV makes yet another breakthrough

Aaron J. Bossig,linkvb06@ptdprolog.net says...
> I happened to be in Wal-Mart's electronics department this week.
> Honestly, I was amazed at the sight-- a 16:9 HD-ready set was the
> centerpiece of the TV section. The price was about $1200.

What size?

Geo H 06-30-2003 03:42 PM

Mark Spatny <vfxproducer@NOSPAMhotmail.com> wrote in message news:<MPG.19696b83cf1f50b09898ae@news.earthlink.ne t>...
> Aaron J. Bossig,linkvb06@ptdprolog.net says...
> > I happened to be in Wal-Mart's electronics department this week.
> > Honestly, I was amazed at the sight-- a 16:9 HD-ready set was the
> > centerpiece of the TV section. The price was about $1200.

> What size?

Thats what I want to know....
There's a big difference between a 42" for $1200 and a 65" for the
same money - If I can get a 60+" for that kind of money, I got no
problem taking a ride out to PA - hell forget that, Ill have them
deliver it for what I'd save.

Keenan Clay Wilkie 06-30-2003 07:56 PM

ghspider@netzero.net (Geo H) writes:

>Mark Spatny <vfxproducer@NOSPAMhotmail.com> wrote in message news:<MPG.19696b83cf1f50b09898ae@news.earthlink.ne t>...
>> Aaron J. Bossig,linkvb06@ptdprolog.net says...
>> > I happened to be in Wal-Mart's electronics department this week.
>> > Honestly, I was amazed at the sight-- a 16:9 HD-ready set was the
>> > centerpiece of the TV section. The price was about $1200.

>> What size?

>Thats what I want to know....
>There's a big difference between a 42" for $1200 and a 65" for the
>same money - If I can get a 60+" for that kind of money, I got no
>problem taking a ride out to PA - hell forget that, Ill have them
>deliver it for what I'd save.

Would you really trust a 65" HDTV that was only $1200?

--
See the documented lies of Pastor Frank: http://tinyurl.com/6009
Saddam's name coded in a famous and old book: http://tinyurl.com/6mr4

Geo H 07-01-2003 02:42 PM

darkstar@shell1.iglou.com (Keenan Clay Wilkie) wrote in message news:<3f0095ed_3@news.iglou.com>...
> ghspider@netzero.net (Geo H) writes:
>
> >Mark Spatny <vfxproducer@NOSPAMhotmail.com> wrote in message news:<MPG.19696b83cf1f50b09898ae@news.earthlink.ne t>...
> >> Aaron J. Bossig,linkvb06@ptdprolog.net says...
> >>
> >> What size?

> >Thats what I want to know....
> >There's a big difference between a 42" for $1200 and a 65" for the
> >same money - If I can get a 60+" for that kind of money, I got no
> >problem taking a ride out to PA - hell forget that, Ill have them
> >deliver it for what I'd save.

> Would you really trust a 65" HDTV that was only $1200?

From Sharp or RCA, probably not - From Mitsubishi, Zenith or Pioneer,
thats another story....ah hell, You had to go and **** in my cheerios,
didnt you.