Velocity Reviews

-   -   Question about a possible 2nd DVD for "The Ring" (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t261567-question-about-a-possible-2nd-dvd-for-the-ring.html)

Recoil 06-24-2003 09:59 PM

Question about a possible 2nd DVD for "The Ring"

Hello,

Can anyone tell me if a Special Edition is coming out?
The current DVD is, well lack luster. It doesn't even have the
trailor for the movie. I would like to have commentary also..so if
anyone knows anything I would be in their debt...:)

Thanks for any info

Recoil

John Harkness 06-24-2003 10:33 PM

Re: Question about a possible 2nd DVD for "The Ring"

On Tue, 24 Jun 2003 17:59:16 -0400, Recoil <Recoil@thecomputer> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Can anyone tell me if a Special Edition is coming out?
>The current DVD is, well lack luster. It doesn't even have the
>trailor for the movie. I would like to have commentary also..so if
>anyone knows anything I would be in their debt...:)
>
>Thanks for any info
>
>Recoil

I can hear the commentary now. "We took this straight from the
original and this, then we made up this bit with the horses, then we
went back to the original for these shots..."

John Harkness

Evil 06-25-2003 04:00 AM

John Harkness <jgh@attcanada.ca> wrote in message news:<pckhfvsr5go5e1f764u4obnt16uhblceug@4ax.com>. ..
> On Tue, 24 Jun 2003 17:59:16 -0400, Recoil <Recoil@thecomputer> wrote:
>

> > Hello,
> >
> > Can anyone tell me if a Special Edition is coming out?
> >The current DVD is, well lack luster. It doesn't even have the
> >trailor for the movie. I would like to have commentary also..so if
> >anyone knows anything I would be in their debt...:)
> >
> >Thanks for any info
> >
> >Recoil

> I can hear the commentary now. "We took this straight from the
> original and this, then we made up this bit with the horses, then we
> went back to the original for these shots..."
>
> John Harkness

and don't forget the "And we took these shots right from DARK WATER,
now there's a good movie, too..." and "We got this idea from RINGU 2,
but don't tell anyone, b/c we're gonna do one of our own..."

Peter Briggs 06-25-2003 06:20 PM

Re: Question about a possible 2nd DVD for "The Ring"

Recoil <Recoil@thecomputer> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Can anyone tell me if a Special Edition is coming out?
> The current DVD is, well lack luster.

No kidding. But the actual movie was no great shakes, either.

Wade365 06-25-2003 09:30 PM

Re: Question about a possible 2nd DVD for "The Ring"

<< Can anyone tell me if a Special Edition is coming out?
> The current DVD is, well lack luster. >>

The original theatrical trailer for "The Ring" is on the "Ringu" DVD oddly
enough... and if you watch "Ringu", it's basically everything you need in the
way of 'extra'. You'll see how they copied a lot of the framing from scene to
scene and yet you'll marvel at how such a literal translation can get so
muddled and lost...

You'll see how Hollywood took a creepy little movie and made it bland as Hell
with a properly upsetting "F-ck I Want My Money Back" Hollywood ending... the
only quarter I'll give the film is having slightly more startling imagery in
the short film on the tape.

Recoil 06-25-2003 09:49 PM

Re: Question about a possible 2nd DVD for "The Ring"

On Wed, 25 Jun 2003 19:20:02 +0100, pete@camshaft.demon.co.uk (Peter
Briggs) wrote:

>Recoil <Recoil@thecomputer> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Can anyone tell me if a Special Edition is coming out?
>> The current DVD is, well lack luster.

>No kidding. But the actual movie was no great shakes, either.

Its better than "Ringu". I have that also and I wished I hadn't
bought it.

Recoil 06-25-2003 09:54 PM

On 25 Jun 2003 21:30:15 GMT, wade365@aol.com (Wade365) wrote:

><< Can anyone tell me if a Special Edition is coming out?
>> The current DVD is, well lack luster. >>

>The original theatrical trailer for "The Ring" is on the "Ringu" DVD oddly
>enough... and if you watch "Ringu", it's basically everything you need in the
>way of 'extra'. You'll see how they copied a lot of the framing from scene to
>scene and yet you'll marvel at how such a literal translation can get so
>muddled and lost...
>
>You'll see how Hollywood took a creepy little movie and made it bland as Hell
>with a properly upsetting "F-ck I Want My Money Back" Hollywood ending... the
>only quarter I'll give the film is having slightly more startling imagery in
>the short film on the tape.

I have "Ringu".

Actually I would say quite the opposite. We took a bland film and
turned it into a creepy one. But, to each his own. They are JUST
opinions.

out.

Recoil