Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: Best price for Cowboy Bebop the movie DVD? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t261518-re-best-price-for-cowboy-bebop-the-movie-dvd.html)

John C. Watson 06-23-2003 07:58 PM

Re: Best price for Cowboy Bebop the movie DVD?

On 06/23/2003 13:51, in article o6HJa.229272$VP.48309014@twister.neo.rr.com,
"Aaron R. Schnuth" <aschnuth@woh.rr.com> wrote:

> I see that Best Buy will have the Cowboy Bebop movie DVD for sale at
> $17.99 tomarrow. Do any other stores have better deals out there? I'm
> really looking forward to this release!

DVD Price Search currently lists it as $19.75 shipped; Best Buy lists it as
$19.99 shipped.

<http://tinyurl.com/f26h>

Half.com lists it for $22.48 new, shipped. They also have a Japanese (R2,
presumably) copy for $18.49 shipped.

<http://tinyurl.com/f275>

Thus, if you can get it from a brick and mortar Best Buy for $17.99 without
tax, go for it.

Ciao,
John

--
John C. Watson
World Otakunization Project, Amherst Division

"Shuraku-tai--hasshin!"

Gilgamesh® 06-23-2003 09:04 PM

Re: Best price for Cowboy Bebop the movie DVD?

On Mon, 23 Jun 2003 19:58:50 GMT, "John C. Watson"
<johncwatson@attbi.com> wrote:

>On 06/23/2003 13:51, in article o6HJa.229272$VP.48309014@twister.neo.rr.com,
>"Aaron R. Schnuth" <aschnuth@woh.rr.com> wrote:
>
>> I see that Best Buy will have the Cowboy Bebop movie DVD for sale at
>> $17.99 tomarrow. Do any other stores have better deals out there? I'm
>> really looking forward to this release!

>DVD Price Search currently lists it as $19.75 shipped; Best Buy lists it as
>$19.99 shipped.
>
> <http://tinyurl.com/f26h>
>
>Half.com lists it for $22.48 new, shipped. They also have a Japanese (R2,
>presumably) copy for $18.49 shipped.
>
> <http://tinyurl.com/f275>

Considering the R2 DVD has a retail price of around $70 US, I somehow
doubt it. Sounds like an HK knockoff to me.

--
Gilgamesh®

"He told the truth, mainly. There was things
which he stretched, but mainly he told the truth."