Velocity Reviews

-   -   Desktop Monitor for Photo Editing (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t260162-desktop-monitor-for-photo-editing.html)

Ray Paseur 07-13-2004 11:51 AM

Desktop Monitor for Photo Editing

It's time for me to get a new and better desktop monitor. What's the state
of the art today? Any suggestions or advice as I go looking?

Thanks,
~Ray

Peter Strömberg 07-13-2004 01:33 PM

Re: Desktop Monitor for Photo Editing

"Ray Paseur" <ray@earplugsnon-aol.com> wrote in

> It's time for me to get a new and better desktop monitor. What's the
> state of the art today? Any suggestions or advice as I go looking?

Mitsubishi Diamond Pro 2070
or should you prefer LCD, Samsung SyncMaster 213T

--
Peter Strömberg (55.6N 13.0E)
C2K2 C2K3 ISCCIV02 ISCCIV03

Sabineellen 07-13-2004 04:26 PM

Re: Desktop Monitor for Photo Editing

The state-of-the-art hasn 't really changed much for CRT. I bought two
cornerstone p1500 21" from some corporate desk clearing for the price of a good
17". You'll find plenty of them on ebay. Get a tool like quickgamma and
calibrate it, and it'll be as good as they come, if not for the slight curve in
the screen.

People say that CRT is still better. It sure seems to consume a whole lot more
electricity than LCD. In fact, the electricity bill will probably catch up with
you if you go for CRT to save money. They're far more durable though, and if
you're buying second hand, CRT is the one to go for.

If you have plenty of money and buying new, well, it's up to you. They're
probably all good anyway, just calibrate whatever you get.

You_Know_Who~ 07-13-2004 08:16 PM

Re: Desktop Monitor for Photo Editing

most CRT's consumer less power than a lightbulb.

Douglas 07-13-2004 09:28 PM

Re: Desktop Monitor for Photo Editing

Most 17" crts use from 90-135 watts,so it depends on the light bulb.A 21"
crt will use quite a bit more.I have several highend flat panels 17" to
21",but still use my Vision Master Pro for editing.