Velocity Reviews

-   -   Cable Management Software (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t259775-cable-management-software.html)

Haitingus 05-08-2006 10:40 PM

Cable Management Software

Hi,

Did somebody know a good cable management software (a soft to document
cabling/patching in our Datacenter)?

Regards,
Marc.

Haitingus 05-13-2006 11:33 AM

Re: Cable Management Software

Nobody has a software to document the cabling?

news:4288$445fc8b5$57f4ab54$24275@news.chello.be.. .

Jonathan Roberts 05-13-2006 04:49 PM

Re: Cable Management Software

Visio?

news:151ed$4465c401$57f4ab54$31623@news.chello.be. ..

Haitingus 05-13-2006 08:55 PM

Re: Cable Management Software

Idea is to document patching and so on in the datacenter. I do not think
visio is the right tools?

Anyway, thank you for your answre.

Marc

erik.freitag@pobox.com 05-13-2006 09:08 PM

Re: Cable Management Software

Visionael is good, if your network is big enough to warrant the cost.

Haitingus 05-21-2006 05:12 PM

Re: Cable Management Software

Hi Erik,

Thank you for the answer, in the same time i found the product i need. It is
itracs.

Best Regards,
Marc.
news:1147554508.675287.130470@j33g2000cwa.googlegr oups.com...

pgoodiso 05-21-2006 09:05 PM

Cabling / Infrastructure Management Software

Marc,

Suggest you could also try CableSolve, www.cablesolve.com.

Regards,

Paul

Urky 08-13-2007 08:31 AM

We are using a tool made by a belgian company called "inseurop".
Each patchcable has is own barcodelabel instead of using an intelligent patchpanel. Much cheaper.

XavierB 04-16-2009 10:51 PM

It is obviously to late for you but there is another great cable management software called Building One. It is supported in North America by FMX Solutions and is used for end to end cable management as well as fiber optic. It is also widely used for data center and as much more functionalities than most CMS.

boneshaker55 02-20-2010 09:43 PM

alternative to itracs look at Caplum

try caplum cable infrastructure management which is web based iM, look at ardlins website