Velocity Reviews

-   -   Fuji FinePix S602 (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t257267-fuji-finepix-s602.html)

Ron 05-27-2004 08:23 PM

Fuji FinePix S602

Any comments, good or bad?

Ron

------------------
"Any married man should forget his mistakes,
there's no use in two people remembering the same thing"

Ken Oaf 05-27-2004 09:27 PM

Re: Fuji FinePix S602

On Thu, 27 May 2004 16:23:34 -0400, "Ron" <rkrebs1@rcn.com> wrote:

> Any comments, good or bad?

An excellent camera. Superceded by the S7000.

Ron 05-27-2004 09:34 PM

Re: Fuji FinePix S602

"Ken Oaf" <tipsy@beerlover.com.au> wrote in message
> On Thu, 27 May 2004 16:23:34 -0400, "Ron" <rkrebs1@rcn.com> wrote:
>
> > Any comments, good or bad?

> An excellent camera. Superceded by the S7000.

Thanks Ken. If you could buy the 7000 or the Canon G5 for the same price, or
the S602 for about $50 USD cheaper, which would it be? I plan on using it
for Wedding photos as well as general shooting. TIA,

Ron

Theo McD. 05-27-2004 09:56 PM

Re: Fuji FinePix S602

I would go with the 7000.

I have the S602z and LOVE IT!! Its the best camera that I have ever used,
well best consumer camera. and the 7000 really performs well, with added
quality.
- Theo

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?BenOne=A9?= 05-27-2004 10:00 PM

Re: Fuji FinePix S602

Ron wrote:

> "Ken Oaf" <tipsy@beerlover.com.au> wrote in message
>
>>On Thu, 27 May 2004 16:23:34 -0400, "Ron" <rkrebs1@rcn.com> wrote:
>>

>>>Any comments, good or bad?

>>An excellent camera. Superceded by the S7000.
>>

> Thanks Ken. If you could buy the 7000 or the Canon G5 for the same price, or
> the S602 for about $50 USD cheaper, which would it be? I plan on using it
> for Wedding photos as well as general shooting. TIA,
>
> Ron

I would choose the Canon G5. Read the reviews at dpreview.com. Compare the
pictures for yourself. Picture quality is the most important aspect IMHO.

--
Ben Thomas

Apparently less than 10% of accidents are caused by drivers exceeding the speed
limit.

pjp 05-28-2004 12:25 AM

Re: Fuji FinePix S602

I've had mine 1.5 years and am still happy with it.

Faolan 05-28-2004 03:10 AM

Re: Fuji FinePix S602

In the writings of Ron, the <40b64e54$0$3147$61fed72c@news.rcn.com>
scrolls contained these prophetic words:

> Any comments, good or bad?
>
> Ron

Good, :o)

Fast and takes brilliant shots when doing 'fast' action shots. It's last
5 is excellent for this...

Downside is lack of ability to focus in relatively low light, you can
get round this using a LED torch for a focus assist lamp.

I recently had to replace mine and got the 'pro' version, only real
difference is:

All black shell
Studio Sync socket
Cable release socket
4 NIMH batts and charger
1Gb Microdrive

Got all this for just a tad over 300 including P&P. At this price it's
a steal. Note however it's probably limited stocks as it's no longer
made, it's been replace with S20 Pro.

If you want to see samples, try my website.
--
Scottish Heritage:
http://www.CelticShadows.co.uk

Ken Oaf 05-28-2004 07:29 AM

Re: Fuji FinePix S602

On Thu, 27 May 2004 17:34:58 -0400, "Ron" <rkrebs1@rcn.com> wrote:

> > > Any comments, good or bad?

> > An excellent camera. Superceded by the S7000.
> >

> Thanks Ken. If you could buy the 7000 or the Canon G5 for the same price, or
> the S602 for about $50 USD cheaper, which would it be? I plan on using it
> for Wedding photos as well as general shooting. TIA,

I'd go for the 7000 over the other two.

Phil 05-28-2004 07:48 AM

Re: Fuji FinePix S602

> Got all this for just a tad over 300 including P&P. At this price it's
> a steal. Note however it's probably limited stocks as it's no longer
> made, it's been replace with S20 Pro.
>
> If you want to see samples, try my website.
> --
> Scottish Heritage:
> http://www.CelticShadows.co.uk

Where do you buy it from?

Phil

Faolan 05-28-2004 09:19 AM

Re: Fuji FinePix S602

In the writings of , the <40b6eedc$0$4587$db0fefd9@news.zen.co.uk>
scrolls contained these prophetic words:

> > Got all this for just a tad over 300 including P&P. At this price it's
> > a steal. Note however it's probably limited stocks as it's no longer
> > made, it's been replace with S20 Pro.
> >

> Where do you buy it from?
>
> Phil

Hi Phil,

Got it from this place, never heard of them till the insurance guy told
me of them:

www.empiredirect.co.uk

Delivered in 2 days of receipt of payment as well. Last I knew of it
they had about 140 of these cameras left....