Velocity Reviews

-   -   software to set file modified date to exif photo taken date? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t256899-software-to-set-file-modified-date-to-exif-photo-taken-date.html)

Alex Hunsley 05-20-2004 09:45 AM

I'm wondering if software already exists that would look at the exif photo
taken date info in a load of photos and use these dates to set the windows file
modified date on the file. I ask this because I find it very useful that
usually the file modified date in windows is the same as the date the photo was
taken, but sometimes the file mod. date gets changed for various reasons and
I'd like tsome way to set it back automatically to the date when the photo was
taken!
thanks
alex

David J Taylor 05-20-2004 10:08 AM

Re: software to set file modified date to exif photo taken date?

"Alex Hunsley" <lard@tardis.ed.ac.molar.uk> wrote in message
> I'm wondering if software already exists that would look at the exif

photo
> taken date info in a load of photos and use these dates to set the

windows file
> modified date on the file. I ask this because I find it very useful that
> usually the file modified date in windows is the same as the date the

photo was
> taken, but sometimes the file mod. date gets changed for various reasons

and
> I'd like tsome way to set it back automatically to the date when the

photo was
> taken!
> thanks
> alex

Pie - Picture Information Extractor - www.picmeta.com (from memory).

Will set the file name - not sure about the timestamp.

Cheers,
David

David J Taylor 05-20-2004 10:27 AM

Re: software to set file modified date to exif photo taken date?

"David J Taylor" <david-taylor@blueyonder.co.uk.not-this-bit> wrote in
message news:rs%qc.8$625.307428@news-text.cableinet.net...
[]

> Pie - Picture Information Extractor - www.picmeta.com (from memory).
>
> Will set the file name - not sure about the timestamp.
>
> Cheers,
> David

Just checked, yes, PIE includes a "redate" option.

Cheers,
David