Velocity Reviews

-   -   Tripod mount camera strap? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t256562-tripod-mount-camera-strap.html)

Andy Turner 05-12-2004 12:27 PM

Tripod mount camera strap?

With my JVC vidcam came a strap which screwed into the tripod mount
socket on the bottom. This meant that it was almost universal and I
swapped it from camera to camera. I lent it my mum last week whilst
she went to Vegas and unfortunately her camera got nicked (not whilst
it was strapped to her, I hasten to add!). So I figured I'd search for
a replacement strap that worked in the same way but.... I can't find a
one!! Anyone ever seen one?

Cheers

andyt

Tony Morgan 05-12-2004 01:05 PM

Re: Tripod mount camera strap?

In message <ar54a0ht2s36c1atqbc4mk0omkq7v180g4@4ax.com>, Andy Turner
<andyt@nospam.demon.co.uk> writes

>With my JVC vidcam came a strap which screwed into the tripod mount
>socket on the bottom. This meant that it was almost universal and I
>swapped it from camera to camera. I lent it my mum last week whilst
>she went to Vegas and unfortunately her camera got nicked (not whilst
>it was strapped to her, I hasten to add!). So I figured I'd search for
>a replacement strap that worked in the same way but.... I can't find a
>one!! Anyone ever seen one?

I've seen them in Jessops. Might be an idea to ring your nearest branch
first since not all of their shops carry the full range of "bits" in
stock - though they'll invariably get one in for you.
--
Tony Morgan
http://www.rhylonline.com

Bob Salomon 05-12-2004 01:25 PM

Re: Tripod mount camera strap?

In article <ar54a0ht2s36c1atqbc4mk0omkq7v180g4@4ax.com>,
Andy Turner <andyt@nospam.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> With my JVC vidcam came a strap which screwed into the tripod mount
> socket on the bottom. This meant that it was almost universal and I
> swapped it from camera to camera. I lent it my mum last week whilst
> she went to Vegas and unfortunately her camera got nicked (not whilst
> it was strapped to her, I hasten to add!). So I figured I'd search for
> a replacement strap that worked in the same way but.... I can't find a
> one!! Anyone ever seen one?
>
> Cheers
>

> andyt

You are looking for a wrist strap. Kaiser makes a black leather one 6203
which is 8" long and 0.4" wide.

--
To reply no_ HPMarketing Corp.

Irwell 05-12-2004 03:32 PM

Re: Tripod mount camera strap?

On Wed, 12 May 2004 12:27:44 +0000 (UTC), Andy Turner <andyt@nospam.demon.co.uk>
wrote:

>With my JVC vidcam came a strap which screwed into the tripod mount
>socket on the bottom. This meant that it was almost universal and I
>swapped it from camera to camera. I lent it my mum last week whilst
>she went to Vegas and unfortunately her camera got nicked (not whilst
>it was strapped to her, I hasten to add!). So I figured I'd search for
>a replacement strap that worked in the same way but.... I can't find a
>one!! Anyone ever seen one?
>
>Cheers
>

>andyt

You can make your own, find one of those old leather camera
cases and use the tripod screw from it with some lanyard type
cord.

Andy Turner 05-18-2004 08:33 AM

Re: Tripod mount camera strap?

On Wed, 12 May 2004 09:25:02 -0400, Bob Salomon
<bob_salomon@mindspring.com> wrote:

>In article <ar54a0ht2s36c1atqbc4mk0omkq7v180g4@4ax.com>,
> Andy Turner <andyt@nospam.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> With my JVC vidcam came a strap which screwed into the tripod mount
>> socket on the bottom. This meant that it was almost universal and I
>> swapped it from camera to camera. I lent it my mum last week whilst
>> she went to Vegas and unfortunately her camera got nicked (not whilst
>> it was strapped to her, I hasten to add!). So I figured I'd search for
>> a replacement strap that worked in the same way but.... I can't find a
>> one!! Anyone ever seen one?
>> >

>You are looking for a wrist strap. Kaiser makes a black leather one 6203
>which is 8" long and 0.4" wide.

Cheers for the suggestions guys! I shall look into it further. My mum
tried to get one from Jessops and they looked at her like she was an
idiot! So I'll have to pop myself.

andyt