Velocity Reviews

-   -   tool for drawing timing diagrams (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t25624-tool-for-drawing-timing-diagrams.html)

krby_xtrm 11-20-2005 07:01 AM

tool for drawing timing diagrams

anyone knows a software tool for drawing timing diagrams?

Ralf Hildebrandt 11-20-2005 09:15 AM

krby_xtrm wrote:
> anyone knows a software tool for drawing timing diagrams?

I use xfig for documentation for this purpose. I would say every
vector-based painting tool would be ok.

Sometimes it is possible to just print the output of your waveform
display tool to a postscript file and use this for documentation.

Ralf

Ajeetha 11-20-2005 03:32 PM

Re: tool for drawing timing diagrams

Hi,
Try:
http://www.timingtool.com/
http://www.clearthought.uk.com/featurelist.html

HTH
Ajeetha
www.noveldv.com

Marcus Harnisch 11-21-2005 11:45 AM

Ralf Hildebrandt <Ralf-Hildebrandt@gmx.de> writes:
> I use xfig for documentation for this purpose.

XFig's repetetive copy operation is great for the otherwise tedious
drawing of periodic signals such as clocks.

> Sometimes it is possible to just print the output of your waveform
> display tool to a postscript file and use this for documentation.

Aren't we supposed to finish documentation *before* starting to write
(never mind simulate) code?

-- Marcus

jens 11-21-2005 02:15 PM

Re: tool for drawing timing diagrams

http://www.timingdesigner.com/

Somewhat expensive but very powerful, you can enter min/max delays and
constraints and it will show you graphically (or spreadsheet view) if
you meet timing, along with a bunch of other features.

It seems more suitable for board design, but could also be useful for
FPGAs/ASICs.

Mike Treseler 11-21-2005 04:17 PM

Marcus Harnisch wrote:

> Aren't we supposed to finish documentation *before* starting to write
> (never mind simulate) code?

We're supposed to get the job done
and have it work. Style is secondary.
If I work top down only, I can't run
a sim until I'm almost done.

-- Mike Treseler

Rolf Eike Beer 11-24-2005 07:37 AM

Re: tool for drawing timing diagrams

Von krby_xtrm:

> anyone knows a software tool for drawing timing diagrams?

For my diploma thesis I've used the latex package called "timing".

Eike

diamondstud 01-23-2009 03:24 PM

Timing Diagram Software

I have always used TimeGen to draw timing diagrams. It is fast and very easy to use, and a good product for the price.

The company is XFusion Software and website is here:
www . xfusionsoftware . com