Velocity Reviews

-   -   Thunderbird & Pobox SMTP Server (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t25616-thunderbird-and-pobox-smtp-server.html)

Lou 11-20-2005 12:37 AM

Thunderbird & Pobox SMTP Server

Thunderbird doesn't seem to want to connect to
the SMTP server provided to users of "Pobox.com"

I wonder if any of you have experienced the same
and what it took to solve the problem. My other
mail program works fine with the same settings
so what ever it is is unique to Thunderbird.

tnx for any info

Leonidas Jones 11-20-2005 03:49 AM

Re: Thunderbird & Pobox SMTP Server

Lou wrote:
> Thunderbird doesn't seem to want to connect to
> the SMTP server provided to users of "Pobox.com"
>
> I wonder if any of you have experienced the same
> and what it took to solve the problem. My other
> mail program works fine with the same settings
> so what ever it is is unique to Thunderbird.
>
> tnx for any info

In most cases, it works fine to use the default smtp server.

You can set up different SMTP servers in Tools>>Account
Settings>>Outgoing Server.

Exact directions depend on TB version.

Lee