Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: nikon 5700 accessory (hot shoe) flash SB-50DX or non-nikon (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t255969-re-nikon-5700-accessory-hot-shoe-flash-sb-50dx-or-non-nikon.html)

Pete C 04-28-2004 03:07 AM

Re: nikon 5700 accessory (hot shoe) flash SB-50DX or non-nikon

I have used my Pentax flashes (280 and 400T) using the hot shoe.
I set the flash to ISO 80 and set the 5700 to Aperature priority and
the f stop to whatever flash range I chose. The pictures come out
pretty good. Unfortunately, the cameras flash also fires and if too
close to the subject will result in overexposure. If you tell the
camera flash not to fire, it will not trigger the other flash.
You do need to watch the voltage issues. My Metz flash is high
voltage and I have not tried it as Nikon is I think a 12 volt system
and they cautioned me against using a high voltage flash.
Pete C