Velocity Reviews

-   -   IrfanView, 9.0 Install (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t255807-irfanview-9-0-install.html)

Bruce 04-25-2004 05:29 PM

IrfanView, 9.0 Install

Hi,

I'm running IrfanView 3.85, but haven't installed any plug-ins yet.

I went to his site to get the plug-ins, and see that there is now IrfanView
version 9.0. Can I install this right over 3.85 and then the plug-ins, or
should I uninstall 3.85 first.

Thanks,
Bruce

Ron Hunter 04-25-2004 06:08 PM

Re: IrfanView, 9.0 Install

Bruce wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm running IrfanView 3.85, but haven't installed any plug-ins yet.
>
> I went to his site to get the plug-ins, and see that there is now IrfanView
> version 9.0. Can I install this right over 3.85 and then the plug-ins, or
> should I uninstall 3.85 first.
>
> Thanks,
> Bruce

I think that is 3.9.

Steve 04-25-2004 06:40 PM

Re: IrfanView, 9.0 Install

Bruce wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm running IrfanView 3.85, but haven't installed any plug-ins yet.
>
> I went to his site to get the plug-ins, and see that there is now
> IrfanView version 9.0. Can I install this right over 3.85 and then
> the plug-ins, or should I uninstall 3.85 first.
>
> Thanks,
> Bruce

Bruce:

At work, Our team has been using IrfanView for several years and I keep the
group updated. I would recommend the following:

1) Download IrfanView 3.90
2) Download all_plugins 3.90
3) Intall IrfanView 3.90 OVER 3.85
4) Intall all_plugins 3.90 OVER 3.85

Good luck,

Steve

Bruce 04-25-2004 08:43 PM

Re: IrfanView, 9.0 Install

"Steve" <srhaymesslaysspam@netcast.com> wrote in

> Bruce wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm running IrfanView 3.85, but haven't installed any plug-ins yet.
>>
>> I went to his site to get the plug-ins, and see that there is now
>> IrfanView version 9.0. Can I install this right over 3.85 and then
>> the plug-ins, or should I uninstall 3.85 first.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Bruce

> Bruce:
>
> At work, Our team has been using IrfanView for several years and I
> keep the group updated. I would recommend the following:
>
> 1) Download IrfanView 3.90
> 2) Download all_plugins 3.90
> 3) Intall IrfanView 3.90 OVER 3.85
> 4) Intall all_plugins 3.90 OVER 3.85
>
> Good luck,
>
> Steve

Thanks, Steve. Yes, Ron, I goofed...it's 3.90

Bruce

Ron Hunter 04-25-2004 11:10 PM

Re: IrfanView, 9.0 Install

Bruce wrote:
> "Steve" <srhaymesslaysspam@netcast.com> wrote in
>

>>Bruce wrote:
>>
>>>Hi,
>>>
>>>I'm running IrfanView 3.85, but haven't installed any plug-ins yet.
>>>
>>>I went to his site to get the plug-ins, and see that there is now
>>>IrfanView version 9.0. Can I install this right over 3.85 and then
>>>the plug-ins, or should I uninstall 3.85 first.
>>>
>>>Thanks,
>>>Bruce

>>Bruce:
>>
>>At work, Our team has been using IrfanView for several years and I
>>keep the group updated. I would recommend the following:
>>
>>1) Download IrfanView 3.90
>>2) Download all_plugins 3.90
>>3) Intall IrfanView 3.90 OVER 3.85
>>4) Intall all_plugins 3.90 OVER 3.85
>>
>>Good luck,
>>
>>Steve
>>

> Thanks, Steve. Yes, Ron, I goofed...it's 3.90
>
> Bruce

I also follow the same update process as Steve outlined.

Hans-Georg Michna 04-26-2004 07:10 AM

Re: IrfanView, 9.0 Install

"Steve" <srhaymesslaysspam@netcast.com> wrote:

>1) Download IrfanView 3.90
>2) Download all_plugins 3.90
>3) Intall IrfanView 3.90 OVER 3.85
>4) Intall all_plugins 3.90 OVER 3.85

Steve,

followed your advice---worked very nicely and kept all settings.
Thanks.

Hans-Georg

--
No mail, please.