Velocity Reviews

-   -   Canon A70 or A75 (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t255337-canon-a70-or-a75.html)

Willis Speck 04-15-2004 03:23 AM

Canon A70 or A75

I just bought the Canon A70 but Im thing about
taking it back for a exchange and get the A75.So which
one should I buy.Im just going to use for family pictures
Thanks Willis

Steven M. Scharf 04-15-2004 02:46 PM

Re: Canon A70 or A75

"Willis Speck" <speck612@ev1.net> wrote in message
> I just bought the Canon A70 but Im thing about
> taking it back for a exchange and get the A75.So which
> one should I buy.Im just going to use for family pictures
> Thanks Willis

The A75 adds larger, higher resolution LCD display, more scene modes, more
focus points, date imprinting on photos, and a Print/Share button. But the
A75 is more expensive, $285 versus about $235 for the A70. So it all depends
on whether than extra $50 is worth it to you. Then of course, the A80 is
about $340, only $55 more. It's never ending.

Personally, I would pay the extra $50 for the A75.

chibitul 04-16-2004 03:48 AM

Re: Canon A70 or A75

In article <407E003E.4090706@ev1.net>, Willis Speck <speck612@ev1.net>
wrote:

> I just bought the Canon A70 but Im thing about
> taking it back for a exchange and get the A75.So which
> one should I buy.Im just going to use for family pictures
> Thanks Willis

I *believe* that A75 has an orientation sensor: you don't have to
manually rotate the portrait shots, the camera does this for you. for me
this would be worth the price difference, but please check to make sure,
I may be wrong about the orientation sensor. Believe me, after a while
it gets tedious to rotate those portrait shots, especially if some are
clockwise and some counter clock wise :)

Pavel 04-17-2004 06:27 AM

Re: Canon A70 or A75

: wrote:

: : I *believe* that A75 has an orientation sensor: you don't have to
: manually rotate the portrait shots, the camera does this for you. for me
: this would be worth the price difference, but please check to make sure,
: I may be wrong about the orientation sensor. Believe me, after a while
: it gets tedious to rotate those portrait shots, especially if some are
: clockwise and some counter clock wise :)

Yes, the A75 has the orientation sensor.