Velocity Reviews

-   -   Convert to NTP Timestamp (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t25509-convert-to-ntp-timestamp.html)

Manzoorul Hassan 03-11-2005 04:35 PM

Convert to NTP Timestamp

I need to convert a date / time to NTP Timestamp, in HEX no less, and
was wondering if there might be a module for it.

Any ideas? I have been searching for NTP Timestamp under Perl but have
not found much - yet.

- manzoor

Jim Gibson 03-11-2005 05:37 PM

Re: Convert to NTP Timestamp

In article <1110558942.504898.225010@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups .com>,
Manzoorul Hassan <manzoorul.hassan@gmail.com> wrote:

> I need to convert a date / time to NTP Timestamp, in HEX no less, and
> was wondering if there might be a module for it.
>
> Any ideas? I have been searching for NTP Timestamp under Perl but have
> not found much - yet.

I googled 'perl ntp timestamp' and got this interesting link:

<http://www.kloth.net/software/sntp.php>

a complete NTP client in Perl that prints out the timestamp in hex.
Maybe that would help. There is also the Net::NTP module on CPAN
(<http://search.cpan.org>).

This newsgroup is defunct. Ask general Perl questions in
comp.lang.perl.misc and questions about Perl modules in
comp.lang.perl.modules.