Velocity Reviews

-   -   Need digital camera with 28mm to +100mm lens (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t254014-need-digital-camera-with-28mm-to-100mm-lens.html)

Dave 03-02-2004 12:40 AM

Need digital camera with 28mm to +100mm lens

Hello,

I am looking to upgrade my Kodak DC290 digital camera and would like to
stick with the same lens: (35 mm equivalent) of 28 mm to 100 mm or
more. This would be a fixed lens camera.

I see most current cameras start at 35 mm, but I use the 28 mm feature
quite often.

Does anyone know what brands might have this?

Thanks,
Dave

Clyde 03-02-2004 02:04 AM

Re: Need digital camera with 28mm to +100mm lens

Dave wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am looking to upgrade my Kodak DC290 digital camera and would like to
> stick with the same lens: (35 mm equivalent) of *28 mm* to 100 mm or
> more. This would be a fixed lens camera.
>
> I see most current cameras start at 35 mm, but I use the 28 mm feature
> quite often.
>
> Does anyone know what brands might have this?
>
> Thanks,
> Dave

The Minolta Dimage 7, 7i, 7Hi, A1, A2 all do 28mm to 200mm. I have the
7Hi and love that 28mm capability.

Clyde

Patco 03-02-2004 02:08 AM

Re: Need digital camera with 28mm to +100mm lens

Minolta DiMAGE A1 (or new A2) goes from 28 to 200.
Olympus C-5060 goes from 27 to 110.
If you poke around places like this:
http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/C5700/C57A.HTM
you will probably find others.

Stefan Patric 03-02-2004 05:28 AM

On Monday 01 March 2004 04:40 pm, Dave wrote:

> I am looking to upgrade my Kodak DC290 digital camera and would like
> to stick with the same lens: (35 mm equivalent) of 28 mm to 100 mm or
> more. This would be a fixed lens camera.
>
> I see most current cameras start at 35 mm, but I use the 28 mm feature
> quite often.
>
> Does anyone know what brands might have this?

The Olympus C-5060, C-8080, and Nikon Coolpix 5400 immediately come to
mind.

--
Stefan Patric
tootek2@yahoo.com

bob 03-02-2004 07:10 PM

Re: Need digital camera with 28mm to +100mm lens

Dave <catx@pacbell.net> wrote in
news:rKQ0c.4706$AI4.1986@newssvr27.news.prodigy.co m:

> Hello,
>
> I am looking to upgrade my Kodak DC290 digital camera and would like
> to stick with the same lens: (35 mm equivalent) of 28 mm to 100 mm or
> more. This would be a fixed lens camera.
>
> I see most current cameras start at 35 mm, but I use the 28 mm feature
> quite often.
>
> Does anyone know what brands might have this?
>
> Thanks,
> Dave
>
> Attachment decoded: untitled-2.txt
> --------------010905000309010204050405
> <head>
> content="text/html;charset=ISO-8859-1"> <title></title>
> </head>
> Hello,<br>
> I am looking to upgrade my Kodak DC290 digital camera and would like
> to stick with the same lens: (35 mm equivalent) of <b>28 mm</b> to 100
> mm or more.&nbsp; This would be a fixed lens camera.<br>

Nikon CP 5400 28mm to 116mm (equiv).

With the optional wc-e68 accessory lens, the wide end goes to 19mm
rectilinear with very little barrel distortion. There are also available
Nikon 2x and 3x teleconverters.

Bob

--
remove the backwards "SPAM" to reply.