Velocity Reviews

-   -   Perl DBI: Getting POST info into select query (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t25380-perl-dbi-getting-post-info-into-select-query.html)

Mavis 10-03-2004 05:50 PM

Perl DBI: Getting POST info into select query

Hi,

I'm trying to use a simple form to select by which column I will display
output from a MySQL database.

I'd like to display based on ORDER BY and select Written, Average, etc.

I know the data is getting to the script from the post, I just can't get it
to the select statement.

Here is the code:

#!/usr/bin/perl

use DBI;

$sizeOfFormInformation = $ENV{'CONTENT_LENGTH'};
read (STDIN, $form_info, $sizeOfFormInformation);

($field_name, $command) = split (/=/, $form_info);

my $dbh = DBI->connect ('DBI:mysql:eln8220s02', root) or die "Couldn't
connect to database: " . DBI->errstr;

my $sth = $dbh->prepare('

select marks.Last_Name, min(marks.Score) as Minimum, max(marks.Score) as
Maximum, avg(marks.Score) as Average, count(marks.Score) as Count from marks
where marks.Type = "quiz" and marks.Score > 0 group by Last_Name order by
[THIS IS WHERE I WANT TO INSERT THE POST DATA] desc

') or die "Couldn't prepare statement: " . $dbh->errstr;

$sth->execute;

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Andres Monroy-Hernandez 10-03-2004 06:18 PM

Re: Perl DBI: Getting POST info into select query

Why don't you use the CGI module to read the POST request?
Let's say you have a field in your POST request called 'order_by', you
would do:

use CGI;
my $query = CGI->new;
my $order_by = $query->param('order_by');

Check: http://www.perldoc.com/perl5.6/lib/CGI.html

Regards,

-Andrés