Velocity Reviews

-   -   Anyone use the Kodak DX6340 Lens Adapter and Telephoto Lens? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t252296-anyone-use-the-kodak-dx6340-lens-adapter-and-telephoto-lens.html)

Amyotte 02-09-2004 10:17 PM

Anyone use the Kodak DX6340 Lens Adapter and Telephoto Lens?

I have a DX6340 and the whole family is enjoying it.

The 4X optical is nice and clear but once I start using the digital zoom the
picture quality drops noticeably.

What added optical zoom can I expect using this setup?

I am curious about the experience of others using the Kodak Lens adapter and
the Kodak Retinar 37 mm Telephoto Lens.

Was toying with buying the DX6490 before I bought this one but the extra
dollars weren't there and did not want the dock.

Before I spent the $$ I would like experiences, opinions and thoughts on
this.

TIA

Brian

Paige Miller 02-09-2004 11:13 PM

Re: Anyone use the Kodak DX6340 Lens Adapter and Telephoto Lens?

On Stardate 2/9/2004 5:17 PM, the following keys were mysteriously typed
at Amyotte's keyboard...

> I have a DX6340 and the whole family is enjoying it.
>
> The 4X optical is nice and clear but once I start using the digital zoom the
> picture quality drops noticeably.

Digital zoom does have this drawback

> What added optical zoom can I expect using this setup?
>
> I am curious about the experience of others using the Kodak Lens adapter and
> the Kodak Retinar 37 mm Telephoto Lens.

I don't know about these lenses, but see below

> Was toying with buying the DX6490 before I bought this one but the extra
> dollars weren't there and did not want the dock.

The Kodak DX6490 10X zoom is fabulous. I love it. Seems to me it would
be worth the price if you are thinking about buying a new camera. The
dock enables you to charge the batteries, as well as help you transfer
the pictures, and to me is worth the money.

> Before I spent the $$ I would like experiences, opinions and thoughts on
> this.

The DX6490 gets generally good reviews. I would opt for the complete
system -- the DX6490 -- instead of a camera not designed for big zooms,
augmented with lenses to increase its ability.

--
Paige Miller
pmiller5 at rochester dot rr dot com

It's nothing until I call it -- Bill Klem, NL Umpire
If you get the choice to sit it out or dance,
I hope you dance -- Lee Ann Womack

Amyotte 02-09-2004 11:47 PM

Re: Anyone use the Kodak DX6340 Lens Adapter and Telephoto Lens?

Thanks Paige

But that wasn't what I was asking.

I did get some sample pictures from a DX6490 owner before I bought and was
really impressed. BUT I did not go that route due to the $$.

Brian

amyotte 02-11-2004 10:25 PM

Anyone use the Kodak DX6340 Lens Adapter and Telephoto Lens?

Anyone? per below.

Brian