Velocity Reviews

-   -   Nikon D100 USA in Europe (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t252133-nikon-d100-usa-in-europe.html)

Ivek incKaid 02-06-2004 08:07 PM

Nikon D100 USA in Europe

I'm planing to buy D100 in States and use it in Europe. I'm wondering do I
can use batery charger ( Europe 220V) , it's maybe adapter included in
kit??? How with video cabel ( PAL/NTSC ) ???

Does someon have experience about compatybility and limitation for
combination SB28 on D100?

Thanx

TimM 02-06-2004 09:42 PM

Re: Nikon D100 USA in Europe

"Ivek incKaid" <ivica.lisjak@ck.htnet.hr> wrote in message
> I'm planing to buy D100 in States and use it in Europe. I'm wondering do I
> can use batery charger ( Europe 220V) , it's maybe adapter included in
> kit??? How with video cabel ( PAL/NTSC ) ???
>
> Does someon have experience about compatybility and limitation for
> combination SB28 on D100?
>
> Thanx

Its the same camera worldwide. The adaptor is 100-240v and the camera does
both ntsc and pal. Indeed, the reason I bought Nikon instead of canon.

Note it only comes with a USA warranty (and only that if you buy an official
USA [not grey market] camera in the USA. I bought a 3-year extended
warranty with mine.

You need an SB28DX to use the TTL flash metering.

I recommend you buy thom hogan's ebook on the D100 - excellent and worth
every penny.

http://www.bythom.com/nikon.htm

Dragan Cvetkovic 02-06-2004 09:56 PM

Re: Nikon D100 USA in Europe

"TimM" <TimM@nospam.com> writes:

> "Ivek incKaid" <ivica.lisjak@ck.htnet.hr> wrote in message
>> I'm planing to buy D100 in States and use it in Europe. I'm wondering do I
>> can use batery charger ( Europe 220V) , it's maybe adapter included in
>> kit??? How with video cabel ( PAL/NTSC ) ???

[snip]

> Its the same camera worldwide. The adaptor is 100-240v and the camera does
> both ntsc and pal. Indeed, the reason I bought Nikon instead of canon.

Interesting. The Canons I have or have seen (G3, 10D, ...) also use adapters
that goes from 100V to 240V and also do both NTSC and PAL so that can't be
a real reason. I bought a Canon 10D from B&H for a friend that uses it in
Germany without any problems. Another friend of mine used Canon S400 in
Europe also without any problems (both voltage- and signal-wise).

On a similar note, a salesperson once tried to convince me that Sony
cameras are better because they use adaptor from 100V to 240V, unlike
Canon.

So it seems that this is a common misconception.

Bye, Dragan

--
Dragan Cvetkovic,

Ivek incKaid 02-06-2004 11:27 PM

Re: Nikon D100 USA in Europe

So if I understand D100 comes with adapter ( battery charger ) which I can
use also in Europe and don't need to by transformer?

Jim Waggener 02-06-2004 11:44 PM

Re: Nikon D100 USA in Europe

"Ivek incKaid" <ivica.lisjak@ck.htnet.hr> wrote in message
> I'm planing to buy D100 in States and use it in Europe. I'm wondering do I
> can use batery charger ( Europe 220V) , it's maybe adapter included in
> kit??? How with video cabel ( PAL/NTSC ) ???
>
> Does someon have experience about compatybility and limitation for
> combination SB28 on D100?
>
> Thanx

The only adapter you will need is to change the plug at the end from USA to
European.
The charger works in both countries. The camera can also use either PAL or
NTSC

C.G. 02-07-2004 02:41 PM

Re: Nikon D100 USA in Europe

Who told you that? Was it the same person who sold you an extended warranty?

--
Colm

Paolo Pizzi 02-10-2004 08:04 AM

Re: Nikon D100 USA in Europe

Ivek incKaid wrote:

> So if I understand D100 comes with adapter ( battery charger ) which
> I can use also in Europe and don't need to by transformer?

Correct. And it can also output video signals in PAL.