Velocity Reviews

-   -   Minolta DiMage X20? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t252020-minolta-dimage-x20.html)

Chris 02-04-2004 07:35 PM

Minolta DiMage X20?

I've been looking for a "basic" digicam for afew weeks, and I've found
acouple sites which offer the Minolta X20.

Can anyone tell me of experience, good and bad, they've had with this
camera?

I was looking at one of the Sony Cyber-Shots, but a huge number of bad
reviews based on their rechargeable battery have led me to opt against it,
plus I can get this camera for about $30 cheaper new when the Sony would be
used.

Thanks.

Freemale 02-04-2004 11:00 PM

Re: Minolta DiMage X20?

I was considering this little camera as a shirt pocket, snapshot camera that
could always be with me. I read a lot of the reviews and they all agreed it
was OK for that purpose. Make no mistake it is not a quality image producer
but the advantage of it size and that ability to always have a camera in
your pocket makes it very useful. In the end I didn't buy it ! I just couldn
't warrant spending a wedge of notes which could be put towards something
that did produce quality images. But I still miss the idea of having such a
little toy in my pocket. I bought a Canon A80 which fits in a jacket pocket
and is always handy when I don't have my DSLR kit on my back.

news:UPbUb.29671$fH2.18654@twister.tampabay.rr.com ...

Chris 02-05-2004 04:37 AM

Re: Minolta DiMage X20?

"Freemale" <mail@spamresidence65.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
> I was considering this little camera as a shirt pocket, snapshot camera

that
> could always be with me. I read a lot of the reviews and they all agreed

it
> was OK for that purpose. Make no mistake it is not a quality image

producer
> but the advantage of it size and that ability to always have a camera in
> your pocket makes it very useful. In the end I didn't buy it ! I just

couldn
> 't warrant spending a wedge of notes which could be put towards something
> that did produce quality images. But I still miss the idea of having such

> little toy in my pocket. I bought a Canon A80 which fits in a jacket

pocket
> and is always handy when I don't have my DSLR kit on my back.

No mistakes made, it's only for casual "fun" photography, and for having a
camera in my pocket. The A80 is a nice little gem, I'll admit. I was
looking into one before I decided on a 35mm SLR package with backup body as
my primary quality image system.