Velocity Reviews

-   -   501 Protocol scheme 'file' is not supported (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t24988-501-protocol-scheme-file-is-not-supported.html)

Joachim Smit 04-23-2004 12:17 AM

501 Protocol scheme 'file' is not supported

I'm a Perl newby and get this message in my browser.

Can anybody tell me what it means ?

Google and www.perl.org couldn't help me.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Joachim

Joe Smith 04-23-2004 06:59 AM

Re: 501 Protocol scheme 'file' is not supported

Joachim Smit wrote:

> I'm a Perl newby and get this message in my browser.

Message? I see no message inside the body of your posting.

> Can anybody tell me what it means ?

It means you made an error, and gave an invalid URL to the browser.

Next time,
1) Post web server questions to web server newsgroups,
2) Post perl questions to comp.lang.perl.misc (not comp.lang.perl).

-Joe Smith

Joachim Smit 04-23-2004 07:37 AM

Re: 501 Protocol scheme 'file' is not supported

> Next time,
> 1) Post web server questions to web server newsgroups,
> 2) Post perl questions to comp.lang.perl.misc (not comp.lang.perl).

OK. Thanks.

Joachim