Velocity Reviews

-   -   3.2 mp Camera's (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t249238-3-2-mp-cameras.html)

Tom 12-20-2003 04:14 AM

3.2 mp Camera's

Hi all, trying to decide on a 3.2 ish digi cam. I see alot of camers that
appear to have similar specs and price, can anyone recommend one of the
following?
Olympus C350
Olympus mju300
Canon A70
Canon ixus II

Another question, do I need the 4 mp over the 3.2?
tom

Stefan Patric 12-20-2003 04:57 AM

Re: 3.2 mp Camera's

On Friday 19 December 2003 20:14, Tom wrote:

> Hi all, trying to decide on a 3.2 ish digi cam. I see alot of camers
> that appear to have similar specs and price, can anyone recommend one
> of the following?
> Olympus C350
> Olympus mju300
> Canon A70
> Canon ixus II

I rejected all those. The Olympus C3030 better fulfilled my needs for a
3+- MP camera. Got it off eBay with manual and accessories for around
$250. Mint condition.

> Another question, do I need the 4 mp over the 3.2?

Depends on your requirements.

--
Stefan Patric
NoLife Polymath Group

Tom 12-20-2003 05:34 AM

Re: 3.2 mp Camera's

"Stefan Patric" <tootek2@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> On Friday 19 December 2003 20:14, Tom wrote:
>
> > Hi all, trying to decide on a 3.2 ish digi cam. I see alot of camers
> > that appear to have similar specs and price, can anyone recommend one
> > of the following?
> > Olympus C350
> > Olympus mju300
> > Canon A70
> > Canon ixus II

> I rejected all those. The Olympus C3030 better fulfilled my needs for a
> 3+- MP camera. Got it off eBay with manual and accessories for around
> $250. Mint condition.
>
> > Another question, do I need the 4 mp over the 3.2?

> Depends on your requirements.

Thanks for your comment, out of interest I compared the C3030 with the A70
at dpreview and they appeared to be very similar spec cameras, but the A70
had a better review, what made you buy this camera over the others and
inparticular the A70?

Tom

R2D2 12-20-2003 07:31 AM

Re: 3.2 mp Camera's

"Tom" <stuck@home> wrote in news:3fe3e02a@quokka.wn.com.au:

> "Stefan Patric" <tootek2@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> On Friday 19 December 2003 20:14, Tom wrote:
>>
>> > Hi all, trying to decide on a 3.2 ish digi cam. I see alot of
>> > camers that appear to have similar specs and price, can anyone
>> > recommend one of the following?
>> > Olympus C350
>> > Olympus mju300
>> > Canon A70
>> > Canon ixus II

>> I rejected all those. The Olympus C3030 better fulfilled my needs
>> for a 3+- MP camera. Got it off eBay with manual and accessories for
>> around $250. Mint condition.
>>
>> > Another question, do I need the 4 mp over the 3.2?

>> Depends on your requirements.
>>

> Thanks for your comment, out of interest I compared the C3030 with the
> A70 at dpreview and they appeared to be very similar spec cameras, but
> the A70 had a better review, what made you buy this camera over the
> others and inparticular the A70?
>
> Tom

The 3030 has a faster lens.

Mr.Excitement 12-20-2003 10:05 AM

Re: 3.2 mp Camera's

I'd spend a few more $$$ for the A80.................in fact I did.

I love it.

Tom 12-20-2003 12:36 PM

Re: 3.2 mp Camera's

"Mr.Excitement" <nolibs@heaven.com> wrote in message
> I'd spend a few more $$$ for the A80.................in fact I did.
>
> I love it.

Yes have been looking at the A80 also, just trying not to drift away from
the 3.2 mp camera's, although I keep coming back to the A70 and A80.

Tom

Rosedco 12-20-2003 04:43 PM

Re: 3.2 mp Camera's

We have an Olympus 3040 which we like - fast lens - 3X zoom - small & compact
runs on AA batteries

Rosemarie

JK 12-20-2003 05:38 PM

Re: 3.2 mp Camera's

A new C4000 4 megapixel camera is only around $350 new. The C4000 also
has much better macro than the C3020. The C4000 can focus to less than
an inch away! The C3020 only focuses down to around 8 inches.

Samuel C. 12-20-2003 09:40 PM

Re: 3.2 mp Camera's

"Tom" <stuck@home> wrote in message news:<3fe44320@quokka.wn.com.au>...
> "Mr.Excitement" <nolibs@heaven.com> wrote in message
> > I'd spend a few more $$$ for the A80.................in fact I did.
> >
> > I love it.
> >

> Yes have been looking at the A80 also, just trying not to drift away from
> the 3.2 mp camera's, although I keep coming back to the A70 and A80.
>
> Tom

Well if u're looking for the best 3mp camera, u might want to check
out kodak 6340. I love this cam, and I choose this over a A70 because
of long lasting batteries and the ability to zoom more further etc.
If you wonder which one, you should check out
http://www.pcworld.com/reviews/artic...,112474,00.asp they have
good camera reviews on sub 500 dollars. Right now Kodak 6340 costs
279 while canon still costs 299. Kodak can use three different kind
of batteries, it is regular, crv3 and litihium for rechargable. It
also takes 2 batteries into the camera whereas canon requires 4
batteries and still drains out before kodak can be out. lcd screen
is 1.8 inch while canon is 1.5 inch. so there's alot of good positive
things and its ur choice to get whawt u want, i suggest you go to
store and look at those cameras for a while.. spend a few hours
playing with them there and decide and think which is best for that
day then do more research online and keep coming back. I must said i
spent 6 months researching on cameras and i decided this and i'm sure
glad i did get this.

J 12-20-2003 10:13 PM

Re: 3.2 mp Camera's

I have a canon S230...I think it's an Ixus II....I'm not sure.
but it's a wonderful camera. Compact...I can keep it in my pockets easily.
Takes great pictures...granted...not as advanced manual features as the A70
or A80...but it's MUCH smaller which was something necessary for me.
depends on your necessities!
list some and maybe others can help you more.
-J