Velocity Reviews

-   -   sandisk ultra 250 not read by lexar drive (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t248930-sandisk-ultra-250-not-read-by-lexar-drive.html)

celtic 12-15-2003 12:14 AM

sandisk ultra 250 not read by lexar drive

Could someone please explain why a 250 mg ultra sandisk compact flash card
cannot be read by a lexar drive?

Is there anything I can do about it??

Thanks in advance

Ian

David J Taylor 12-15-2003 10:50 AM

Re: sandisk ultra 250 not read by lexar drive

"celtic" <ihodson1@home.com> wrote in message
> Could someone please explain why a 250 mg ultra sandisk compact flash

card
> cannot be read by a lexar drive?
>
> Is there anything I can do about it??
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Ian

Would that be a Lexar Jump Shot drive?

It only reads Lexar "usb enabled" cards....

David

celtic 12-15-2003 06:39 PM

"David J Taylor" <david-taylor@blueyonder.co.uk.not-this-bit> wrote in message news:<MlgDb.6023$XZ3.61154487@news-text.cableinet.net>...
> "celtic" <ihodson1@home.com> wrote in message
> > Could someone please explain why a 250 mg ultra sandisk compact flash

> card
> > cannot be read by a lexar drive?
> >
> > Is there anything I can do about it??
> >
> > Thanks in advance
> >
> > Ian

> Would that be a Lexar Jump Shot drive?
>
> It only reads Lexar "usb enabled" cards....
>
> David

It is the 5 in one drive (for CF and other types) - it works fine with
normal sandisks but not the ultra 250 - the ultra seems a bit wider
and stiffer therefore to insert which made me question whether there
was a fundemental problem with compatibility

Ian