Velocity Reviews

-   -   configure monitor to digital photos (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t248685-configure-monitor-to-digital-photos.html)

Robin Stephenson 12-11-2003 02:53 PM

configure monitor to digital photos

Simple question i hope. i take phots with digital camera Minolta Dimage 7Hi
but view pictures on different PC the colours and contrast vary.

How do you configure monitores to give true colours?

Hope you can all help

reply to Robin@stephenson.net

--

---

Ed Ruf 12-11-2003 03:27 PM

Re: configure monitor to digital photos

On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 14:53:23 -0000, in rec.photo.digital "Robin
Stephenson" <Robin.stephenson1@ntlworld.com> wrote:

>Simple question i hope. i take phots with digital camera Minolta Dimage 7Hi
>but view pictures on different PC the colours and contrast vary.
>
>How do you configure monitores to give true colours?

Calibrate the monitors using a device like the Colorvision Spyder and
associated software.
http://www.colorvision.com
Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 (EGRuf@cox.net)
http://members.cox.net/egruf
See images taken with my CP-990 and 5700 at
http://members.cox.net/egruf-digicam

Jim Townsend 12-11-2003 04:32 PM

http://tinyurl.com/ys0d