Velocity Reviews

-   -   Abotu infrared photography (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t248677-abotu-infrared-photography.html)

Septima 12-11-2003 09:17 AM

Abotu infrared photography

May any recommend a book for infrared photography applied to the study of
the painting restoration?. Or maybe a website?
Thanks a lot.

Fernando

Jupier@shotmail.com 12-11-2003 10:49 AM

Re: Abotu infrared photography

Might be useful to search under 'forensic science' as it is a
well-used technique in document examination, paintwork etc.

7 12-11-2003 12:18 PM

Re: Abotu infrared photography

Thank you very much for your help.

Matt 12-11-2003 04:14 PM

Re: Abotu infrared photography

On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 10:17:21 +0100, "Septima" <septima@ctv.es> wrote:

>May any recommend a book for infrared photography applied to the study of
>the painting restoration?. Or maybe a website?
>Thanks a lot.
>
>Fernando

I don't know about IR, but UV photography has been used to reveal
underpaintings (for oil paintings). As I recall they used film that
was hyper-sensitized to UV by use of a citric acid bath. Both Nikon
and Hassleblad provide (on a very limited basis) the specialized
quartz lenses used for this type of photography.