Velocity Reviews

-   -   Tie a file to a hash (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t24861-tie-a-file-to-a-hash.html)

SpecialK 02-19-2004 03:12 PM

Tie a file to a hash

Does anyone know how to tie a large file to a hash without using shared
memory?
I know I can use Tie::File to tie the file to an array and from the array
create a hash, but I need something that is much faster than that?

thanks,
gregk

Ben Morrow 02-19-2004 07:04 PM

Re: Tie a file to a hash

"SpecialK" <gkincade1@austin.rr.com> wrote:
> Does anyone know how to tie a large file to a hash without using shared
> memory?
> I know I can use Tie::File to tie the file to an array and from the array
> create a hash, but I need something that is much faster than that?

How do you want the file to be tied? In particular, what do you want to
be the keys and what the values of the hash?

Ben

--
Razors pain you / Rivers are damp
Acids stain you / And drugs cause cramp. [Dorothy Parker]