Velocity Reviews

-   -   Compact Flash card experiences... (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t248141-compact-flash-card-experiences.html)

G. Filicetti 12-02-2003 05:20 PM

Compact Flash card experiences...

Hey guys,

I'm looking to get a 256MB CF card to go with my G5... seems like a good capacity v. cost trade off, agreed?

Anyway,.. looking on amazon, they have a few pretty good deals, but I wanted to know what other people's experiences were.

I'm looking at:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...photo&n=172502

Lexar, 256MB CF card... "12x" which they say translates to 1.8MB/s

But then there's:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...photo&n=172502

Sandisk, 256MB Ultra II card, which claims a minimum of 9MB/s write and 10MB/s read

Is there truly this wide a gap in transfer rates? Your opinions on CF card xfer rates would be much appreciated.

I'm looking for a pretty good speed card to handle the G5's high speed continuous drive mode at 2.5 fps (which is what they claim the camera can do, any real world tests against this number?) and also to record 3 min movies which they say you need a "high speed" card, but what xfer rate do they consider "high speed" ?