Velocity Reviews

-   -   "Simple Database Program" help! (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t24772-simple-database-program-help.html)

Mark Creelman 01-22-2004 03:25 AM

"Simple Database Program" help!

Hello all:

I am attempting to use a database program that I downloaded from

http://www.thescripts.com/serverside...m/database.txt

with good success. I have already modified it heavily with good results. I am however stuck on something that I feel should have been built into it,
but for some reason wasn't. During the search routine of the script that searches the database for a match based on the entered query, there is no
subroutine to return all records. (aka entering the equivalent wildcard of *.* and having it return all records) ditto for the modify and delete
functions.

I've scoured it up, down and inside out, and I can see where the search and return results subroutines are, but the syntac gets a little bit
over my head at that point..I'm sure its simple, but I can't see it.

I've e-mailed the author on this, but no response.

Thankyou to anyone who can help me out.

Mark

James Willmore 01-22-2004 04:52 AM

Re: "Simple Database Program" help!

On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 03:25:37 +0000, Mark Creelman wrote:

> I am attempting to use a database program that I downloaded from

<snip>

> I've e-mailed the author on this, but no response.

You have a few options:

1) email the author again

2) write your own - this may be the best option, because a lot of the
script that you can download have been written by those with little or no
programming experience ... and even less experience with secure
programming (for example: does the script have taint checking enabled
('-T' on the first line).

3) pay someone else to do it for you - and make sure you get your money's
worth out of it ;-)

> Thankyou to anyone who can help me out.

You're welcome.

--
Jim

for more information.

a fortune quote ...
You are only young once, but you can stay immature indefinitely.