Velocity Reviews

-   -   date and time stamp (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t247360-date-and-time-stamp.html)

Anil Patel 11-18-2003 05:23 PM

date and time stamp

Hi,
Does anyone know which digital cameras have a feature so that I can see date
and time stamp on the image?
Thanks

Andrew McDonald 11-18-2003 07:17 PM

Re: date and time stamp

Anil Patel wrote:
> Hi,
> Does anyone know which digital cameras have a feature so that I can see date
> and time stamp on the image?
> Thanks

Just find software that will do it for you afterwards. Then you can buy
any camera you want. All digital cameras put the time and date in the
file, you just need something that will impose that on the image.

John McLaughlin 11-19-2003 04:37 AM

Re: date and time stamp

Well to answer the actual question asked:

The Minolta Dimage Xt can put the date/time stamp on the actual image (there
are probably other cameras that can do this this but I'm not sure which)

Of course as Andrew mentions you can also just do it manually but that does
involve an extra step.

-jm

Ron Hunter 11-19-2003 10:04 AM

Re: date and time stamp

Anil Patel wrote:

> Hi,
> Does anyone know which digital cameras have a feature so that I can see date
> and time stamp on the image?
> Thanks

I know my Kodak will do this, but I regard the feature as an undesirable
intrusion into the quality of the image. I don't want ANYTHING on my
image that wasn't what I SAW. If you need to know the date the picture
was taken, it is included in the EXIF information generated by most
digital cameras and encoded within the image where software can display it.
The place for a date on a print is on the BACK.

Andrew McDonald 11-19-2003 01:29 PM

Re: date and time stamp

Ron Hunter wrote:
> I know my Kodak will do this, but I regard the feature as an undesirable
> intrusion into the quality of the image. I don't want ANYTHING on my
> image that wasn't what I SAW. If you need to know the date the picture
> was taken, it is included in the EXIF information generated by most
> digital cameras and encoded within the image where software can display it.
> The place for a date on a print is on the BACK.

You said this much nicer than I did. I *HATE* seeing date/time on the
picture. One of the great things about digital is that the information
is stored as part of the file, it's easy to find out when the picture
was taken. And if you really have some need for it you can add the
date/time after the fact.

But I would hate to get an incredible picture of something and then find
out that I had the stupid date/time stamp on and ruined it.