Velocity Reviews

-   -   canon d10 and sunpak 555 (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t246446-canon-d10-and-sunpak-555-a.html)

Steven Laughmiller 11-01-2003 08:56 PM

canon d10 and sunpak 555

I have a Canon D10 and a Sunpak 555 with the CAF1 connecting
cord/module set up. When I put the Sunpak in TTL mode all I get with
this combination is full power flashes and grossly overexposed images.
If I set up the auto mode on the flash and the camera at manual,
AV,TV, etc the images come out much better. After reading the manual
(not much on non-Canon flash) I am at a loss to figure out what I am
doing wrong. Does anyone have experience with these setups? I
really need the help because the alternative is to break down and get
a 550EX and I would like to use what I got. BTW, the Sunpak works
great with my Rebel 2000. Any help or advice would be most welcome.
Thanks.

Steve

Lisa Horton 11-01-2003 09:07 PM

Re: canon d10 and sunpak 555

I don't think that the 555 supports E-TTL, and all canon DSLR's only
support E-TTL. The Rebel 2K, like all (?) current Canon film SLR's,
supports TTL as well as E-TTL.

The 420EX would also work well with your 10D, so you're not just limited
to the 550EX.

Lisa