Velocity Reviews

-   -   Nikon Coolpix 3100 (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t246195-nikon-coolpix-3100-a.html)

Larry Lomenzo 10-27-2003 09:33 PM

Nikon Coolpix 3100

Hi All,

New here and need advice/info on Nikon Coolpix 3100.

Am considering purchasing this camera and have read web-reviews on it.
Still, I'd like to get some "live" feedback user comments regarding pros and
cons of this model, individual likes and dislikes, recommendations of better
cameras, including reasons why. Please be as detailed and indepth as your
personal experience will allow.

Your input is appreciated. Thank you.

Larry

Casper 10-27-2003 09:39 PM

Re: Nikon Coolpix 3100

I got one for my wife and it's a great little camera. The menus are a little
confusing but we took it down to key west (with my 5050z). Got a lot of good
pics.

FMV 10-28-2003 12:38 AM

Re: Nikon Coolpix 3100

Used one this summer during Scandinavian and Russian trip; great pictures,
even those inside the Hermitage. Only caveat is that it eats batteries
quickly. Get 2 sets of 2200 MAHA batteries and charger - I charged a set
every night, but even though I had 2 sets that were fully charged, there
were a few times when the camera didn't work because of low power. It was a
great camera to carry as I could put it in my pocket.

Fred

Mark Spatny 10-28-2003 01:57 AM

Re: Nikon Coolpix 3100

Larry Lomenzo,llomenzo@nyc.rr.com says...

> New here and need advice/info on Nikon Coolpix 3100.

I have the 2100 which is basically the same with fewer pixels. It's an
outstanding little camera. I took it and a Canon Elan II with slide film
on a trip to the Grand Cayman and Cozumel for a week, and with both
cameras in auto mode for exposures, the little Nikon won hands down.
Better color and exposure every time. You'll be very happy with the
extra pixels.